cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Virtual Account - explained.

MC-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

A lot of Visible deals involve a MasterCard Virtual Account*. It’s money to spend online, but we know there’s more to it than that. So, let’s cover some things:

What is a Prepaid Mastercard Virtual Account?

It’s digital money you can spend online wherever Debit Mastercard is accepted - sans hotel and/or car rental reservations.

How do I qualify?

You must be a new member, bring your number, and purchase an eligible device. Different offers may have different criteria for qualifying, so always check the terms of each deal.

When will I receive my virtual account?

You’ll get an activation code sent to your email 4 weeks after activating Visible service. You then have to remain an active member for 2 months.

How long do I have to redeem my code from Visible Offers?

Two months.

I have more questions. What should I do?

Fair enough. Check out each deal & offering disclosure for all the details. And, as always, if you need any help, reach out to our Care team by tweeting @VisibleCare, or tapping HELP in the app.

*MasterCard Virtual account is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circle's design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.

28 REPLIES 28

eternal345
Novice

I

I need help with this issue. when ordering the sim card I selected Metropcs as where I am ordering from but once I click continue it asks again for the info and i select other and when I login to my visible account under 

Promotional offers included I only see the $15 off but I don't see the offer of $100 off after paying 2 months of service

ivant1512
Novice

Is there a way for me to get the promo and not porting my number over? 

Hi ivant1512, the MasterCard Virtual Account promo is only available for members porting a number over. You can check out our other deals here.

-MC

So if you don't need to port a number you get screwed?

Doesn't seem fair.

I ported my number and still visible screwed me

Any wireless company will only pay a perk when you port your number so why would Visible be different. 

No I would guess.

==================

I got screwed over when I ordered a OnePlus 8 while signing up for visible.

The phone had a special offer on it to get a $200 prepaid MasterCard after I paid for the 2nd month of service. 

FINE PRINT> when you transfer your number and buy the phone.

I didn't need a new number so I didn't think anything of it and didn't have a number to transfer.

Now visible wont honor the deal and are screwing me over on a 'gotcha' imho

Seems really <poopy> in my opinion.

Read that fine print.

=======================

engineerohio
Novice

I've been enjoying Visible for the pas year & would like to move my wife to Visible, but because she's with Red Pocket she doesn't quality for the $100 virtual MasterCard. Why exclude Red Pocket?  - They are much larger than many of the others on the list.

marciano
Novice III

del.

marciano
Novice III

What do you do with the card after you've used up the $100?

Delete it from Apple Wallet?

When I redeemed the card, it auto downloaded an app, "MyPrePaidCenter," and then auto launched Apple Wallet, and then the card was in the Wallet.

Now that the money is used up, simply delete the card from Apple Wallet?

Hey @marciano - it's up to you, but removing from you're wallet is generally fine.

New offers you redeem will likely generate a new card with a new number anyways, and you'll still likely be able to add the old card back before it expires using the same method should you need to for any reason.

Here's a link from Apple on how to remove a credit card from your Apple Wallet... 

Can you just manually input the card data if online shopping on a computer? I generally don't shop on my phone.

Hi smgrinus,

Great question! Yes, you can manually input the card info if you're online shopping. 

-MC

Scott
Novice II

I'm having a problem with this and am hoping someone can help.  I qualified for the promotion and took the first step of redeeming the $100 on 2/1.  Then I had to wait 4 days for the next email to arrive which had the link to actually add the $100 virtual card to my myprepaidcenter.com account.  I got caught up in other things and just went back to that email today to click on that link, and the myprepaidcenter.com website is giving me the error message: "An error occurred while retrieiving your card. Please try again later." (and yes, the error message really has the word "retrieving" misspelled).  I've tried it several times today, using both Safari and Chrome on my MacBook as well as on my iPhone and I still get that error.

Hi Scott,

Were you able to get this issue resolved? If you are still having the problems, please contact our Care team.

Thank you,

MC

No it hasn't.  And I tried to reply here with more details but the post wouldn't submit because it flagged my reply for containing "a bad word" but for the life of me, I can't figure out which word is causing it to hit this issue, as I wasn't using any inappropriate language.  No amount of editing of my post seemed to allow me to get past this error.  So now we'll see if this reply (which lacks any substantive detail) makes it through.

Hi Scott,

I'm so sorry you are still having this issue. I've escalated it to a different team to handle this. They should be reaching out to you shortly. We will get this fixed for you asap!

-MC

Thank you.  This was finally resolved.  And I'll add that Visible customer service has been great the several times I've reached out to them (pre-sale and post-sale): friendly, knowledgeable, and minimal wait times to connect to a rep.

So that reply worked.  Let me try again with my original reply...

[Nope, it's still flagging something, so I'll give it a couple more tries of cutting some verbosity out of my post...]

A Visible rep escalated my issue, so we'll see what comes from that.

Similarly...a little while after signing up for Visible with my phone # I also switched my wife and daughter to Visible and shortly before 3/24/2021 I was able to redeem the $100 virtual Mastercard promotions for their accounts (which I had sent to my email address, since I'm the one that manages all of our cell phone bills).  On 3/24 I received two emails with tracking numbers.  The emails indicated that I should get another email with the redemption info for the business partner's website within about 24-48 hours, but I haven't received those, either.

So it sure looks to me like your business partner isn't doing a very good job with their side of this promotion.

URKLNME
Novice II

typical.   dont reward loyal good paying customers even when I am buying a new expensive phone from visible.

OH! their customer service sucks too.   39th in line for a chat representative?  yeah, who is gonna wait for that.   the digital chatbot is worthless and a quite embarrassing for a corp.

39th in line usually means less than 15 minutes and when you get a rep on chat if you are unhappy with the chat or it is not clear just ask for a call back and they will call you. I had issues porting my esim and they solved it no problem by overnighting me a regular sim which I would rather have anyway. For 25/month patients is a virtue.

yea, visible is quickly getting famous for really bad customer service and relations

guess it's all about selling some excess capacity on Verizon's network

I complain, but it is cheap if you're in a Party Pay group.

PatMcLJr
Novice II

I got screwed over when I ordered a OnePlus 8 while signing up for visible.

The phone had a special offer on it to get a $200 prepaid MasterCard after I paid for the 2nd month of service. 

FINE PRINT> when you transfer your number and buy the phone.

I didn't need a new number so I didn't think anything of it and didn't have a number to transfer.

Now visible wont honor the deal and are screwing me over on a 'gotcha' imho

Seems really <poopy> in my opinion.

Read that fine print.

LMT
Novice III

Hello, 

could one use the master card gift card to purchase a phone on visible? 

MC-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi LMT! You could do this, however you would not receive the activation code until 4 weeks after you activate and then must make 2 monthly service payments. You also must be bringing your phone number to Visible when you sign up. So glad you are considering joining Visible! 

-MC

mlcarter_1970
Novice II

It kinda stinks the other company was being such a pain I finally gave up and didn't transfer my number got a new one. BUMMER!

I had six days of no service because the  ESIM transfer didn’t work entirely correct; so I got a SIM card. I got lucky I transferred my number. 

mlcarter_1970
Novice II

I couldn't transfer my number and gave up and I just started in April nothing I can do..