upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

For change in personal information (address, email address, payment information) send a temporary code to email address registered. This adds another layer of protection from hackers/ scammers.

Also two factor authentication could be included for login in web browser on laptops.

Mobile apps are secure with biometric authentication. So it cannot be accessed without the consent of the account owner in most cases.

Hope Visible takes step in fixing this major vulnerability. Until then 🙂

41 Comments
GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

My Visible app that I updated this morning, 11/09, still has “Unable to modify settings while your plan migration is in progress. Feature will be auto-enabled once you activate your”

I can not read anything below “your”. I’m on an iPhone SE 2023
My SE was set to Zoom, on Normal the display reads

“Unable to modify settings while your plan migration is in progress. Feature will be auto-enabled once you activate your new SIM and complete migration.”.

DavidN
Novice

I initially got a session timed out message when opening my app for the first time today On my iPhone. Once I restarted the app I was able to successfully setup mfa. 

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

I also received session timed out message on my Android Pixel 6 phone and I closed the app completely and relaunched.  Received the same error message but I'm using fingerprint for authentication.  I get the "Let's secure your account," click on "Begin Setup" and it first gave me my last 4 digits of my cell phone number but would not send me a text.  It seemingly timed out and logged me out again, I signed in with fingerprint and now after the "let's secure your account" you can click on "begin setup" but it says "Oops!  Something went wrong.  We are working hard to fix it."

I went into my Settings, chose the app, and did a "Clear Cache" and then "Force Stop."  When I relaunched the app, it worked immediately.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

I tried on the web application. When I tried to sign-in it prompted me to register for 2FA. There is no cancel button to register later or to register with a different mobile number. It defaulted to the visible account's mobile number.

Provide the user to choose which way to receive 2FA code. 

Option 1: e-mail

Option 2: mobile number SMS

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Each time I log back in after enrolling, the prompt remains same. I was puzzled whether I register again? May be a different prompt can be used for users who already enrolled in 2FA.

User has to click 3 buttons/ steps to login every time after being enrolled.

As mentioned earlier, please add email as a means to send 2FA code in addition to solely relying on SMS.

Also the code validity is not mentioned. Is the 2FA code valid for 1 min/ 2 min/ 5 min?

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I was able to enable 2-step verification via the web and app this evening at 10:25 PM. I still have the

“Unable to modify settings while your plan migration is in progress. Feature will be auto-enabled once you activate your new SIM and complete migration.”.

in the iOS app.

A minor annoyance is I can not paste the text message 6 digit 2-step code in the app or web page. A cool feature that I’ve gotten use to in iOS. The only other website with similar results is Bank of America. 

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

The iOS 6 digit security code copy and paste to the app is now working. Not on the website yet though.. Thanks!

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

I am having issues with my phone and I had to delete the eSIM.  However, I am being prompted to set up MFA (again) and it wants to send me a SMS code.  Can't download the eSIM without logging into the Visible app and can't log in to the Visible app without receiving an SMS, which I can't do without a working eSIM.  There isn't any option for receiving it via e-mail which has put me dead in the water without a working mobile phone.  Support had to escalate my request.

Need to account for this when going General Availability.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Help. Stuck with SMS code. I uninstalled the Visible App and when reinstalling it was not detecting my SIM. When I try to login I am stuck with this limbo state.

If I had received OTP through email! I wouldnt be stuck. Now I am without service 😞

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@upstate-SC I had to contact their support and they escalated it to someone who responded to me over email a few hours later having disabled my MFA for 24 hours to allow me to redo my eSIM.

Definitely needs to be fixed before it's globally released.