RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Provide realistic updates on the status of Wear OS support instead of the typical deflecting scripted replies.

If you are going to offer eSIM for Apple Watch, then you need to offer it for Android's Wear OS, too.  Your parent company, Verizon, does so it's not a technical limitation.

Otherwise Android users feel like second class Visible citizens.

36 Comments
agnius
Novice

I had good luck with Visible on iPhone and Pixel 4 but it became useless when my device of choice didn't function (Sony Xperia 1 mk3). Then after Visible Core move to Verizon phone started working again. Before getting Xperia to work was like banging head against the wall - "device is unsupported". So if my Pixel watch (or Galaxy 5) doesn't start working any time soon I'll be jumping ship for service that does support them - simple as that. Visible, get your act together with device compatibility or don't be surprised when customers leave. And no, I will not be switching to Verizon pre/postpaid.

Ruined
Novice II

This is definitely something I am actively seeking as well. At some point it will be a deal breaker to keeping the service if Visible doesn't add support for watches like Pixel Watch

Ruined
Novice II

Well, I actually came up with a solution

...but its not going to work for everyone.  If you order the Pixel Watch 2 directly from the Google store before 1/20/24 they give you 2 free years of Google Fi data for it (doesnt require google fi phone plan).  So I can use that for the watch for free and visible for my phone.  Will re-eval in 2yr, hopefully visible will have added pixel watch support by then.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@Ruined - Interesting, but will you end up with a separate phone number when calling from your watch as opposed to your phone?  Are you able to receive inbound calls to your cell phone on your watch?

Ruined
Novice II

@RyanBlakeIT its data only, no voice .  So cant take a call on LTE but could do data stuff like stream spotify over LTE when running.  Given the watch is $50 off and basically $120 of free watch service ($5 x24 months) I'll take that tradeoff

mikey1273
Novice III

@DS-VisibleMgr Any updates on Android wearable services?  I am very interested in getting my watch 6 Classic on LTE. I would also be willing to work with you all to beta test if that were to be helpful. I really like the simplicity and value of Visible. I feel like including this service would make it better and even more competitive.