Anxiously Waiting For Porting To Happen

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

While I am anxiously awaiting for my number to port, figured what better time than to stop in and say Hello!  👋

Signed up using referral link: ✔️

Sim Arrived on time: ✔️

Number ported over: ✖️

Chatted in on it yesterday, was told yesterday or today at the latest, we will see how accurate that was.

Join a party pay: ✖️

Waiting on sim number to be ported over.

Username is a throw back to an 80's TV Series..... Bonus points if anyone is familiar with it! 😜

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

graveywavy
Novice

I waited and waited and waited.  I knew that ATT had already agreed to port the number, so I was just waiting for the number to actually port and for the Visible app to tell me when to insert the SIM card.  I got so fed up after like 5 or 6 days, that I eventually just inserted the SIM card and within 5 minutes, the number ported over automatically.  It seems Visible has it wrong and you should just insert the SIM card as long as your previous wireless company agreed to port the number.  I had even contact Visible chat customer service and they told me to wait... which was obviously completely wrong.

View solution in original post

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Chatted help yesterday was told to wait for email to let me know to put the sim in. Chatted again today and was told to go ahead and insert the sim and activate. Number was ported over almost instantly. Go figure. 

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

graveywavy
Novice

I waited and waited and waited.  I knew that ATT had already agreed to port the number, so I was just waiting for the number to actually port and for the Visible app to tell me when to insert the SIM card.  I got so fed up after like 5 or 6 days, that I eventually just inserted the SIM card and within 5 minutes, the number ported over automatically.  It seems Visible has it wrong and you should just insert the SIM card as long as your previous wireless company agreed to port the number.  I had even contact Visible chat customer service and they told me to wait... which was obviously completely wrong.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Chatted help yesterday was told to wait for email to let me know to put the sim in. Chatted again today and was told to go ahead and insert the sim and activate. Number was ported over almost instantly. Go figure. 

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Welcome Airwolf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan-Michael_Vincent