cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged twice for service.

phq2377
Novice II

Any help?  I was charged twice for this phone bill. I didn't think this would be a big deal,  things happen. But I started a chat with customer service & they said they see that it happened but I would have to talk with the customer service on Facebook or Twitter to fix it.  I explained that I didn't do social media & don't have an account. I was told a tier 2 CS rep. Could email me & I agreed.  They quickly said it was bad information & I should hold for a fix. Then I was somehow lost🤔 so anyone know how to resolve this without social media???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Airwolf
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

That is a bummer that they both were legit charges, I would keep on them on the chat function until you get an acceptable answer.  As some point, you may want to dispute the charge with your bank/credit card company, however that could lead to problems of disconnecting service, so I would use that as a last resort.  However I know there is a limited time to dispute charges, keep on customer service until you get an acceptable answer.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

phoneman2021
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

You have 2 options the way I see it.  1 get Facebook or twitter.  2 Nicely request a call from a supervisor.

Well I'm not doing the social media.  It seems like a terrible deal to give a business indefinite unlimited access & rights to ALL your data & your compensation is giving it to them.  So I guess I'll try the call back...     Thanks

Airwolf
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

I have been guilty of this before, and for some reason Amazon seems to do it repeatedly to me.  Are you sure that one of the charges was not just a 'hold' put on the money and the other charge was the actual charge?  I would watch to see if one of the charges drops off, which would be the hold.

I also find it strange that you have to go through facebook or twitter.....

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

phq2377
Novice II

Unfortunately, the 2 changes have passed pending stage. & I don't get it either, they didn't direct me to Facebook or Twitter to pay & they see the 2nd charge, even if I did social media.😣

Airwolf
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

That is a bummer that they both were legit charges, I would keep on them on the chat function until you get an acceptable answer.  As some point, you may want to dispute the charge with your bank/credit card company, however that could lead to problems of disconnecting service, so I would use that as a last resort.  However I know there is a limited time to dispute charges, keep on customer service until you get an acceptable answer.