Email to Text Message with Visible

AssistingYou
Novice

With Visible you are able to receive texts to your phone number from an email using either:

1. Number @vtext.com
    • To send an SMS to your phone number
  2. Number@vzwpix.com
    • To send an MMS to your phone number

While both of these options work, the second one "@vzwpix.com" is capable more such as images, emojis, etc.

This can be extremely useful if you want to receive automatic texts about each email from a certain address. Within your email settings you can setup the option to automatically forward certain emails to this address if you wish to get text updates.

15 REPLIES 15

lacakid
Novice III

The opposite should work too from your phone! BUT it DOESN'T!! IT did you used to be able until April 2021 to send an SMS to Email but now its broken... Just says undeliverable and tech support says it's an unsupported feature... I don't get visible that sucks!

msjohns1
Novice

Unbelievable. I've been so happy with Visible until now, but this is really intolerable. How could they do something so foolish? This is a basic feature that's been present with every phone and phone service since I've had SMS! Well, thanks for saving me have to wait being 140th in line to get someone on chat.

plunk27
Novice II

Please fix the send text to email funcationality and inform your customer service so users dont waste tons of time!

jbrk101
Novice

Please re-enable this feature!  My work depends on it.  ๐Ÿ˜ž

pjdeeb
Novice

Is this feature no longer working? I ported my number in from Cricket Wireless a few days ago and can't get this feature to work for either vtext or vzwpix.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I just tried Number @vtext.com and it worked

04/16/2022

FWIW, I was previously with Verizon

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried both of these for email forwarding to SMS - neither worked! ๐Ÿ˜ž 

same!

Same here. Tried both and neither one worked. I was previously with ATT.  Maybe it only is working for previous Verizon customers since their number was already ported to the Verizon network?

I ported from Verizon and neither SMS or MMS will work for me.  Here's the Gmail "Delivery Incomplete" message I received.  Visible needs to support email to SMS!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNkDs4q3VE1K44UG8

swc2023
Novice

email to number at vtext.com worked for me today. Did not work when sent from Gmail, but did work sent from my company email

swc2023
Novice

I tried this today, it worked sending to number at vtext.com when sent from my work email, but failed whne sent from my Gmail account. Maybe the widespread failures below are a Gmail specific issue

still doesn't work with gmail just tried.

notfound
Novice

The email to text works from most mail domains except googles gmail.

Worked for me last month.

Is my gmail account blacklisted???

How do I fix this?

Yaka
Novice II

Can confirm that both @vtext.com and @vzwpix.com both work

3/17/24

I was able to receive emails from gmail.