Google Pixel 4A(5G) not getting wireless speeds greater than LTE

jnelsoninjax
Novice II

So the biggest reason I switched over to Visible was that I have a 5G phone, and when I was with Xfinity I never got speeds greater than LTE, except in a few spots where it would obtain 4G and 5G, but rarely. Now that I am with Visible, the same issue is happening. My niece has a Onetouch phone on T-Mobile, and we can be driving past the same cell tower her phone is getting 4/5G but mine is still only showing LTE. My phone is fully up to date, and I have done a network reset. What is the issue here? Is it the phone or something to do with the network in the area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Visible works off of the Verizon network.  As noted in the reply above, you are probably using different towers or Verizon 5G has not rolled out to the area while T-Mobile has.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Twiggymfd
Novice

The cell tower may not  be one that your carrier uses.  Just because there is a cell tower nearby does not mean your cell has access to it.

This is one of the downfalls of Visible.  If you want faster speeds you will have to go with another provider such as Cricket.  Does Visible have some awesome features?  Yes examples of this is the upgrade program, apple watch support, unlimited hotspot however this needs to be better speeds, but this is useless if you have poor data speeds.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Visible works off of the Verizon network.  As noted in the reply above, you are probably using different towers or Verizon 5G has not rolled out to the area while T-Mobile has.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

jnelsoninjax
Novice II

Is there any way to see exactly where the tower(s) that the phone is connected to are, and/or see where the nearest Verizon tower is?

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I don't believe there is an 'easy' way to do this, but a search on the internet can provide a few different ways of trying to do this.

jnelsoninjax
Novice II

Thanks!