I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but no service.

kjkel10
Novice II

With no humans to communicate with, is there any way to check outages. Verizon for 20 years with no outage. 1 month w Visible and been out all day. Maybe just coincidence?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here's an update. When I wrote this, I was having issues with 2 phones, separate accounts. One, I thought was autopay, turned out I didn't set it up. Paid but the phone wouldn't activate. Effectively resolved a SIM issue at their end using the "chat" feature.

2nd phone, coincidently, failed the same day. Drove it about 5 miles and restarted it. Doesn't seem like one had anything to do with the other. Bottom line, phones are working and I'm glad there is some human assistance thru the chat.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kjkel10
Novice II

BTW, this is southern Ocean County in NJ.

beav
Superuser
Superuser

Best to reach out to tech support on social media & ask them.

I have never seen a website that specifies outages for Visible.

As a fix, have you:

-Rebooted

-Toggled airplance mode on then off

-Take the SIM card out and reinsert it

-One other thing I have done without recommendation from Visible is *228. Why here: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-does-verizon-228-update-do 

Tech support can suggest other steps.

I know lack of service stinks, good luck!

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Here's an update. When I wrote this, I was having issues with 2 phones, separate accounts. One, I thought was autopay, turned out I didn't set it up. Paid but the phone wouldn't activate. Effectively resolved a SIM issue at their end using the "chat" feature.

2nd phone, coincidently, failed the same day. Drove it about 5 miles and restarted it. Doesn't seem like one had anything to do with the other. Bottom line, phones are working and I'm glad there is some human assistance thru the chat.