Iphone has no data after porting over.

mikeblack322
Novice II

So we just ported my wife's number and phone over from Page Plus and she has no data. We've done everything that makes sense, but have had no luck. When we purchased her Iphone from apple back in 2019 we had to download a tracfone profile in order for data to work. Do you think this is our issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Winnie1874
Novice II

Hey Mike, after reading you previously had to download a tracfone APN in order for your data to work, I remembered that US Mobile had me download and install a custom APN when I activated the phone on their service. I went and checked the APN settings on my phone and saw it was still running the US Mobile APN. I deleted the APN, reset the network settings, powered down the phone, removed the SIM, waited a few minutes, reinstalled the SIM, powered up the phone and guess what? I have data! To check if your APN is still installed go to Settings > General > (scroll all the way down to) VPN & Device Management > and if you have an APN installed it will be listed with an option to delete it. Try deleting the APN and performing the procedure above and if you are like me, your data issue will be resolved. Let me know how you get on.

Visible staff: on a port in from a VZ MVNO, please add to your standard troubleshooting process for no data the above line of inquiry. It could save you a lot of time and a lot of good will. It will probably save you some customers jumping ship too. I was about to port out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Winnie1874
Novice II

I'm two days into the same issue after a port in from US Mobile (a VZ MVNO). Did you ever get the issue you described here resolved? If so, would you mind sharing how you did so? Thanks!

Winnie1874
Novice II

Hey Mike, after reading you previously had to download a tracfone APN in order for your data to work, I remembered that US Mobile had me download and install a custom APN when I activated the phone on their service. I went and checked the APN settings on my phone and saw it was still running the US Mobile APN. I deleted the APN, reset the network settings, powered down the phone, removed the SIM, waited a few minutes, reinstalled the SIM, powered up the phone and guess what? I have data! To check if your APN is still installed go to Settings > General > (scroll all the way down to) VPN & Device Management > and if you have an APN installed it will be listed with an option to delete it. Try deleting the APN and performing the procedure above and if you are like me, your data issue will be resolved. Let me know how you get on.

Visible staff: on a port in from a VZ MVNO, please add to your standard troubleshooting process for no data the above line of inquiry. It could save you a lot of time and a lot of good will. It will probably save you some customers jumping ship too. I was about to port out.