Iphone not sending/receiving text messages from non-iPhones

Howdy_Partner
Novice

I got a new iPhone and cannot send/receive text messages to non-iPhones. Can anyone help? I have tried everything. Thx!

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a frustrating experience with your text messages. Our Care team will be best able to assist you here; please reach out by chatting on our site, tweeting @visiblecare or sending a DM to @Visible on Facebook.

How is this helpful? All y’all do is escalate and never fjx

Same dang problem, every day they say it will work by tomorrow 

His this been fixed for you?  Just switched yesterday and I'm having the same issue.

LaineyD
Novice

Has this problem been fixed for you?  I just switched yesterday and I'm having the same issue.

rmf382
Novice

I just switched from Mint Mobile, since they don’t support wearable devices. I have the same problem sending multi-media SMS texts - iMessages via wifi and basic sms texts send without issue. The workaround that I have found is to cycle airplane mode thereby forcing reconnect and reprioritization of your phone connection on the current network. Multimedia texts will now send quickly without issue or delay. 

However this is fleeting and has to be cycled anytime I want to send a SMS text with a photo or video attached. 

me: iphone 12, ios 15.1, visible unlimited plan

I-know-tech
Novice

Still not fixed.  I switched from Verizon to Visible on Thursday (11/17/2022) and have not been able to send text messages from my iPhone SE to any android phone.  I am likely not receiving text messages from android phones either.  Definitely an unwelcome feature!