Issue with redownloading esim

Mvdisgn
Novice II

Update: Visible finally managed to fix my issue, after 36 hours. I guess it’s not bad compared to the others who waited longer. I do have a feeling that they took awhile to do mine, and it was probably just a long queue. Because quite honestly, it worked seamlessly/quick. 

So I tested the ff.: incoming and outgoing calls, texts and mms. Worked for the most part- but for some reason I’m not getting a text from one of my banks (2fa). But not gunna sweat it and check later.

Hotspot was great, and no issue there. Enabled Wi-Fi calling and it worked as well.

Added Apple Watch without a hitch. But the signal is pretty bad, only one bar, but it is inside my apartment. Was able to place outgoing calls and texts. Incoming call and texts were spotty, but again, I am in a bad area. I’ll probably try next time when I’m driving without my phone. 

All in all, I’m satisfied and will stick to visible for awhile, since you can’t beat the price! But we’ll see how it goes in the long term! Thanks to everyone who responded!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

INXSible
Novice III

Visible's solution for eSIM not downloading on my device:  Sent a physical SIM card.

This, after more than 72 hrs working/investigating the issue.

It seems eSIM technology is too advanced for Visible; at least for the time being.

C'est la mort. 💀

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mvdisgn
Novice II

Actually not reddit, I meant to say twitter 😅

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Could you request them to send you a physical SIM card? Instead of e-SIM?

I have physical SIM card and it works fine.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

They wouldn’t do anything and just kept telling me to wait until I got that email from them that it’s either fixed and follow the next steps or some other update… just curious if I do request for a physical sim, will I still be able to keep my main number (they already ported it)?

I'm quite sure you won't loose your number.

Your service/phone number will be "tied" to the SIM card they send.

When I received mine (Today), I just popped it in the SIM tray and  it worked fine (same phone number I had before).

That is good to know! I’ll request for one and update on here once I receive it and if it works *fingers crossed* 

Looking forward for your update. 🖖

INXSible
Novice III

Visible's solution for eSIM not downloading on my device:  Sent a physical SIM card.

This, after more than 72 hrs working/investigating the issue.

It seems eSIM technology is too advanced for Visible; at least for the time being.

C'est la mort. 💀

Thanks, yeah I’m just confused since the esim 15 day trial worked flawlessly. I’ll try requesting a physical sim, but I don’t want to lose my main number

the e-SIM trial may be one of the numbers owned by Visible.

Your current number ported from other network is not owned by Visible. I am not sure of the porting nitty gritty. 

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.