Periods where all outgoing calls /texts auto-rejected

nullroar
Novice

Hey folks. Recently upgraded my iPhone 8+ to a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and I've unfortunately been having a load of problems with the network. Others at reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/tspf7z/phone_randomly_hangs_up_on_call/) have noted similar problems, but essentially: I'm getting random call drops, as well as moments where I *HAVE* 5g, but for some reason it will automatically hang up the instant I press the "call" button for someone (it won't even dial; it will hang up the instant I press call), and it will remain this way for a few minutes. 

Is this something that is being worked on? A known issue that is being addressed? I use my phone for work and I can't operate with random dropped calls and inability to text / call to explain why.

8 REPLIES 8

israyfan
Novice II

I've been having the same problem with my Samsung S21 in the last couple weeks. It's gotten noticeably worse with more dropped calls and longer periods of not being able to dial out. I redial multiple times and the calls won't go through. People will trying calling me back immediately and they say that the call won't connect for them, so they can't reach me. I have no idea what the issue is.

israyfan
Novice II

I've been having the same problem with my Samsung S21 in the last several weeks. It's gotten increasingly worse. It used to be a dropped call every now and then. Now, there's more dropped calls and when I try to call people back, the calls simply won't go through for up to 10 minutes. People try to call me back and say they're not being connected. It's gotten to the point where I've been thinking of switching to another provider. I bought an unlocked phone (and paid a king's ransom for it) with this in mind. If one MVNO has crap service, I can move to another one in a month. The beauty of consumer choice. I won't ever buy another locked phone after getting caught in the Virgin Mobile-Boost Mobile-DISH debacle. Just say no.

I've had this problem for months, both with Samsung S20 and Pixel 6 so it's not the phone.  No resolution despite several lengthy chats. 

JaneF
Novice

UPDATE MAY 2022: SEE post below. Switched to Tracfone and been using a month. No issues. At all.

Ditto. I had this problem about a year ago, then it was fine for several months, now doing it again regularly. Sometimes multiple times during the course of one phone conversation and sometimes have no service of any kind. No fix from Visible and they say "oh, no, this is NOT something that normally happens!" - !

SarahLange
Novice II

I've had some luck resolving this the same way people are (unofficially) resolving the rampant dropped call problem:  Remove the SIM card, either replace it with a non-working one or boot the phone without a card for 5-7 min, then replace the SIM card and reboot the phone.  Seems to make things resync.  Lately I've had to do this less frequently so maybe I'm starting to win the battle over this piece of technology. ๐Ÿคž  (No idea how to do this with e-SIM.  My phone is eligible for one but I'm not switching because I want flexibility to try to resolve network issues in this manner.)

JaneF
Novice

I solved it! Switched to Tracfone for $15/mo unlimited talk and text and 1 GB data (other options available) and got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy phone for $14.95. 

bpcat99
Novice

I upgraded to the Galaxy s22+ and at the same time switched to Visible.  Been having the same issue of randomly not working, calls won't go through. Decided to just set my phone to restart at night as that is one of the things that will get it working again.  Well now, twice in the last 3 days, calls just dropped. People calling me back say the same things as has been said above.  I thought it was the phone but not not so sure reading comments above.  Again, restarting the phone fixes it and I'm able to call them back.  I however don't want to have this happen randomly.  If it is the service, then it's an easy fix.  I'll just switch back to Verizon after my 3 months.  Just wanted to check to see if anyone else has found a solution to this issue as the last post on here is in May.

bpcat99
Novice

I upgraded to the Galaxy s22+ and have had the same issue with not being able to call or text or receive calls or texts randomly.  I found that restarting the phone fixes it.  First fix Visible agent had me do was to turn on Airplane Mode and turn it off.  That fixed it at that time.  However it happened again and that didn't fix it but restarting my phone fixed it. Just decided to set my phone to restart every night automatically.  Well now twice in the last 3 days I have been on a call and it drops.  When people try to call me back, they say the same thing as has been said above. Again, I can't make the call back either unless I restart my phone.  I thought it was the phone but from what is being said above, maybe not.  I want to see if there are any updates since May.  If it is the service that's an easy fix, I'll just switch back to Verizon.