Service loss when out of home calling area

Kimann68
Novice II

Moto G Power, 2021. Compatible in April when I came from ATT. All is good when I am in my home calling area. Whenever I travel to areas (which show to be covered with 4g or better) and I am a bit more than 60 miles from home, I lose my calling signal, data, everything except emergency calling. My daughter, also on visible with a visible phone, has service all day long. Me... nothing. 
I have seen others who say the phones brought to Visible do not always have the proper APN. If a phone is purchased from Visible, all is well. If it is ported over, not so much. 
My APN does not match criteria listed anywhere, including Redit and other tech savvy sites.  My daughter bought a Blade when we came over, she never has problems though we are sitting side by side in the same area where I can not use my phone for anything except telling time. Any suggestions would be gladly accepted. 

3 REPLIES 3

Moxie
Superuser
Superuser

That is strange... Have you tried chatting with Visible tech support?  They did a "network reset" on my phone a long time ago when I had an similar issue, that fixed it. I have since had two other phones without issue. Let me know if that helps.

Best!

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Please chat to visible and then they do sim reprovision (resetting all your network settings). It may fix some of the issues that you face.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Assuming you have tried to reset your network settings yourself in your phone?   This post near the bottom has some things to try when having network problems:

https://community.visible.com/t5/Help-Forum/Quick-solutions-to-common-wireless-service-problems/m-p/...

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.