Speed is always around 5 Mbps in Philadelphia area

vis76
Novice

I just joined Visible recently. I have a Pixel 5a using Visible esim. I only get about 5 Mbps even the phone showing full bar for 5G. LTE speed is about same. I live in Philadelphia area. I wonder what speed other people getting. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Iโ€™ve been with Visible 2 months now. Iโ€™m a Speedtest junkie and used it multiple times my first month. I started noticing slower speeds too. Then I looked at my cell data usage on my iPhone. Those speed tests use a ton of bandwidth.

There may be a cap for higher speeds on Visible, I have no official info on this.

Anyway, I blocked the Speedtest app for cellular use. On my second month everything seems to be fine now.

Maybe someone in the know will comment if we have data caps before being moved to the 5 mb tier.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

This is one of the Downfalls if you want better service you will have to go with something like Cricket. I have complained about this for a while with Visible.

old_dog
Novice

So many people have abused the data (like replacing their home internet with Visible) that now it is capped at 5 Mb.  Some people are grandfathered in and can still access the max-ton speeds... Not to worry, Visible seems to have a way to deal with that by making it difficult to pay your bill and ultimately canceling your account.

vis76
Novice

The speed is mostly slow 5Mbps or less. I saw fast speed maybe 5 times. There are 2 times that there was no service (not due to location). I will just keep one line temporarily with Visible. Halting plan to move other lines over from mint or cricket for now.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I am seriously debating how long I can keep Visible as my primary carrier.  I have had call quality issues.  I also notice data issues.    I have complained to Visible and they haven't done anything.

betterbob
Novice

Been waiting for almost an hour to speak with a chat agent about the data slowdown recently and to get my billing updated to the new promo. At this point I am ready to switch to another carrier since my phone is basically unusable in many buildings now when it comes to using voip apps. I am so sick of companies offering degrading service after I sign up and lowering the price to new customers while making me reach and wait to get the same discount. The amount of waiting ive done with this company isnt worth the savings from just getting vz.