Texting Issues with Google Messages

baturro
Novice III

Hello peeps! I have a Samsung A52 FiveG. I love my phone but have an ongoing issue that I haven't been able to fix. I don't know if the problem is my phone, Google Messages app, Visable or maybe me.

I also use Signal, WhatsApp & Facebook Messenger to text friends/family.

My problem is I can't send most video clips through Google Messages. I keep getting message saying file is too large and I have to trim it. I don't remember average file size but most are not "large" by any means and I can successfully send same file use any other texting app. I've tried playing with the settings in Messages and that didnt help. Am I missing something? File size is not an issue, I'm pretty sure.

Any and all ideas and tips are welcome!

5 REPLIES 5

CarrieOnTheWeb
Novice III

I believe there might be a size limit to files sent over messages. I know sometimes longer videos I can't send. I usually upload them to Google Drive and then send the link to others. That is my work around for it. Most Google accounts offer enough free space to do this. 

The test video clips I've tried to send do not exceed the limit (800 kb). And I'd rather not send links, just files. It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem. 

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Also may be worth trying, there was another thread where a indvidual was having an issue texting just one person and a fix that worked for them, may want to see if something similar will help you. Thread: https://community.visible.com/t5/Need-a-little-help/Unable-to-text-one-person-Android-Google-Message...

Although I do suspect that CarrieOnTheWeb is correct above.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Thanks but that didn't solve my problem. I can't send even relatively small files to anyone. App keeps saying file is too large. 800 kbs is too large?

I am not familiar with Androids, but have you checked to make sure there is not a data saving option checked somewhere to limit the amount of data sent over cellular?  Grasping at straws here....

Also you may want to try Visible support if you haven't yet, maybe it is a setting on their end that needs updated.

Three different ways to connect with them:  https://www.visible.com/help/connect/

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.