Unable to text one person (Android/Google Messages)

CarrieOnTheWeb
Novice III

Hello, I am a pretty new Visible customer, and in my house, we have three people with Visible accounts now. I am having issues texting one who hasn't activated his service yet, but I am wondering since he is in transition from Mint to Visible if there could be some kind of issue with messages and phone calls? 

Every time I try to send a message to him and I have used the other two phones on Visible they do not go through or they might do it once in a while in the last 12 hours of testing. Most of the time they do not go through. I have tried using only SMS, turning off chat, force quit and uninstalling and nothing I have done that I have read about seems to work. 

Anyone have a clue as to what might be the issue. These are messages sent from Android to Android. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually found the problem, and here is a website on How-To Geek that gives different options. The first one worked for me. 

Option One: Toggle Chat Features and Restart

To get to the chat features in Google Messages, open the app. And then click on the three little dots on the upper right hand of the screen. 

Then select "Chat Features".

While youโ€™re in that Chat features menu, go ahead and hit the โ€œEnable chat featuresโ€ toggle to disable it.

Once disabled, go ahead and restart your phone. Long press the power button, then tap โ€œRestart.โ€

When it boots back up, use the directions above to jump back into the Chat Features menu. Tap the โ€œEnable chat featuresโ€ toggle and see if it connects. 

Source: 

How to Fix Google Chat (RCS) Messaging Problems on Android

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Moxie
Superuser
Superuser

If you are in the process of porting the service from another carrier (Mint in your case) there definitely can be issues. Best advice - get the service activated ASAP and you should be fine.  Follow the recommended steps... Good luck!

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

I actually found the problem, and here is a website on How-To Geek that gives different options. The first one worked for me. 

Option One: Toggle Chat Features and Restart

To get to the chat features in Google Messages, open the app. And then click on the three little dots on the upper right hand of the screen. 

Then select "Chat Features".

While youโ€™re in that Chat features menu, go ahead and hit the โ€œEnable chat featuresโ€ toggle to disable it.

Once disabled, go ahead and restart your phone. Long press the power button, then tap โ€œRestart.โ€

When it boots back up, use the directions above to jump back into the Chat Features menu. Tap the โ€œEnable chat featuresโ€ toggle and see if it connects. 

Source: 

How to Fix Google Chat (RCS) Messaging Problems on Android

My problem was with a brand new phone. You have to make sure that all apps and the phone system is fully updated for this to work. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thanks Carrie! That did the trick for me to get things working again. But it's been working on and off for a while now so hopefully this does the trick permanently. 

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I suspect that is the problem. When I ported in from Cricket my texting didn't work until I was completely on Visible.

I too had a similar problem where I could text some people but not others and after reading a lot of threads and getting no where I started to dig into the settings on my phone (iPhone 13) and discovered that when Visible switched my service from Verizon my phone was showing two service providers ("cellular plans" on my iPhone) one for Visible and one for Verizon both utilizing the same phone number. I had to deduce that the phone was in conflict so knowing that I no longer had Verizon service I removed the cellular plan from Verizon and problem solved. My not be the silver bullet for all but hopefully it will help someone.