Want to buy a phone locally and use Visible

horsenut2000
Novice II

I would like to go get a phone locally and then sign up with Visible.  I was hoping to get this done today.  I already have an existing phone but want to have a second phone separate from my current plan.  I've always just bought my phones through Verizon so do I just have to make sure I buy an unlocked phone when I buy from Target or Walmart?  Thanks for your help!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, you need to make sure it is 'unlocked' for any service.  To help in this make sure you do not have to put a service provider in.  Typically if there is a 'discount' involved via a carrier the phone gets locked to them for a certain time frame, so you have to use their service so they can make their money back.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

So, I don't know why but I never got any alerts that anyone had replied back to my post.  I just happened to stumble across this post now.  I ended up buying a phone through Visible thinking that would be easier.  Boy was I wrong.  Going to post that in it's own post.  Maybe porting over an existing #/ phone might be easier because buying a new phone/ new # has been absolutely horid.  I still don't have everything resolved.  Visible evidently doesn't do quality control when they send out their phones because mine didn't come w/a charger, then after charged, learned it didn't come w/the SIM card, waited another couple days for that.  What a joke.  Thank GD I have another line or I would really be looking to ring some necks.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Please refer to the list of compatible devices  that operate with Visible before making the purchase.

All unlocked iPhones (new models) work with Visible

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

VisibleRocks
Superuser
Superuser

I always recommend that in addition to checking that the phone is unlocked and a compatible device that you go to the Help Center at https://www.visible.com/help, then start a chat with customer service and check the IMEI number to be sure it's compatible.  I have had people with a compatible phone model end up finding out that it's not compatible.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.