What if Party Pay creator leaves?!?!?!

jimjrfl
Intermediate

So if you join a partypay but the person who started the partypay leaves..... What happens to all the rest of us still in the party? Does that party pay name say "PartyPayFamily and Friends Group" , does that party name go away and anyone still eft in the party all start getting charged the full $40 a month?

4 REPLIES 4

JJZ109
Intermediate III

The short answer is... nothing. Nothing changes if there are 4 or more remaining members. As far as leaving, the Party starter is no different than any other member and the Party continues to exist under the same name. If the Party is reduced to less than 4 members, "...the monthly service amount will increase for the remaining members in the party starting with the next monthโ€™s service payment if there are less than four members remaining in the party at the time the next monthโ€™s payment becomes due." The previous quote came from here:  Supplemental Terms | Visible

More nuggets of wisdom from the same source:

"Once a party has been formed, you can choose to leave the party, but you cannot remove other members of the party."

"When you leave the party or have a lapse in service or terminate your account, other members of the party will be able to see that there is one less member of the party, but they will not be able to see the reason you left the party or the identity of who left the party. We will also send you a communication about this change in party membership if it impacts your payment amount."

So, if you get a notice that your Party has less than 4 members, you can find a new member or jump ship to a larger Party, but you would want to complete either task before the next monthโ€™s payment becomes due.

Finally, another quote from the same source: "If a member joins a party or switches from one existing party to another party, that member will immediately begin enjoying the new partyโ€™s rate at their next payment date. The only exception is for an member using autopay who is trying to join a new party within 36 hours prior to their payment due date. In this scenario, the member will enjoy the new partyโ€™s rate the month following their next payment."

Derrick2654
Novice II

This is my opinion , most people who join visible  stay on. You only Need 4 people to make a party so,  Make sure  you  check it constantly and if the party creator leaves, you just join another party, or create your own party with family member or friends, but family members and friends could leave the party too.  
this  my personal opinion. Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m creating my own party so I know itโ€™s solid. 

Derrick2654
Novice II

Why worry about that now? Cross that bridge when it happens!or if even ever happens!  And then share your learning experience  with the โ€œ Visible Community โ€œ. 

jimjrfl
Intermediate

OK here's the skinny.....

I asked because I am the creator of the party pay group. Decided to try Spectrum Mobile and wanted to make sure I didn't screw all those who were in the party. 

Why Spectrum?? Because for me in the north metro area of Orlando in Orange and Seminole counties the data connection on cellular is extremely poor in this area. Calls and plain texts work great, but.... Try to receive a picture  or send one and I'm likely to get my phone stuck in a loop because it can't ever send them. Looking for a coupon for a store while you are there??? 50/50 if you will be able to open web page. So since Spectrum (Also Verizon MVNO) offered 20G of high speed before throttling I figured I try it. Well... I would highly suggest NOT trying Spectrum because the guarantied 20G of "high speed" data doesn't work! Yep that's right their speeds were worse!! Slightly better down but up was horrible. 9 Speed Tests results were 2 in the 2+meg up but the other 7 times the upload speeds were between 0.68 and 0.97!! So...  Here I am back with Visible with the rest of my family. ๐Ÿ™‚