cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number porting confusion

kykenw
Novice

I am trying to buy a phone from visible and take advantage of the promo offer. My dilemma is that I cant be without phone service. I was planning to port my google fi number over to visible within 14 days of receiving my new phone. When I checkout with the phone that I am trying to buy it asks me to port my number before I even have a compatible device which would leave me without service until new phone gets delivered. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Airwolf
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

Go ahead and port your number over, the actual porting does not take place until you 'activate' your service via the mobile app.  

For example when I ported my number over with new service, I got my SIM card on a Tuesday.  I was able to use my old service and number, until I installed my SIM card and followed the directions on the visible app on the phone.  Once i did that the service was immediately transferred over.

Starting the porting process does not cancel your old service, activating the visible service does that. 

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.