4G LTE Speeds

GTE
Novice

At one time, Visible had a promotion that new customers would not be subject to speed caps (throttled) while using the Verizon network. I believe this was offered back in 2019 - yet, I haven't heard anything sense that time if Visible continued the promotion - or are new customers subject to whatever the current speed caps are that may be in place?

Visible's terms and conditions do state that users are subject to the following:

We may prioritize your data behind other traffic if the cell site you are connected to begins experiencing high demand during the duration of your session. Once the demand on the site lessens, or if you connect to a different site not experiencing high demand, your speed will return to normal.

If so, what are the download and upload speeds new users will experience while on Verizon's 4G LTE network? Do other Verizon brands such as Yahoo Mobile and Verizon Prepaid have priority over Visible? What about the MVNO's utilizing the Verizon network - do they fall behind Visible in terms of prioritization, or are they placed in front of Visible (Tracfone family of brands, U.S. Mobile, Boom Mobile, Red Pocket, etc.)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MVNOResearch
Visible Employee

Download and upload speeds vary based on how close the phone is to the tower, as well as how congested that tower is.  I have seen speedtests that vary from 1mbps to 200mbps.  No MVNO has priority over Visible, and neither does Verizon Prepaid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MVNOResearch
Visible Employee

Download and upload speeds vary based on how close the phone is to the tower, as well as how congested that tower is.  I have seen speedtests that vary from 1mbps to 200mbps.  No MVNO has priority over Visible, and neither does Verizon Prepaid.

The reason I ask about Visible's priority is that I have both a Verizon Prepaid device and a Tracfone device that runs on Verizon's network. When I place both phones side by side - the Tracfone device consistently has higher download and upload speeds than the Verizon Prepaid device.

Ironically, they are both Moto G7 devices - same model number.

For Verizon Prepaid, I consistently receive about 1.2 mb down and for Tracfone it's about 3mb down.

So, I've been hesitant moving over to Visible if the speeds are going to be throttled as I currently experience with Verizon Prepaid and Tracfone.

That's good to know that Visible being a Verizon-owned company has a higher priority than either Verizon Prepaid and Tracfone. I would feel more confident about the download speeds - I haven't seen anything advertised by Visible that the speeds could be as low as 1mb down - that's about what I currently experience with Verizon Prepaid.

Button
Novice III

To All,

I switch from VZ Post Paid to Visible & notice the difference.  I have > failed calls, < speeds & no service.

~Button

alwyns42
Novice II

I have this problem constantly in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, except most of the time the service is useless.

When you run speed tests you will find that your upload speed is limited to less than 0.1 Mbps.  From my networking experience I know this is about the only way they can limit your bandwidth.  The problem is that when your upload is limited to 0.01/0.02 Mbps it is a TOTAL denial of service because they drop almost all packets you send to them rendering the service useless.

I am considering leaving Visible for this reason.  I can get 55Mbps down in a location at 3AM in the morning and be unable to browse any sites at 10:30AM from the exact same location.

Mtucker
Novice

Slow speedsโ€”luckyโ€ฆ  How about no connection at allโ€”most of time last few months