Apple iPhone upgrade program

dlafflitto
Novice III

I’m currently part of the iPhone upgrade program through apple but now that I have switched out of Verizon into Visible I will not be able to be part of that program. I figured I would mention that here just in case anyone had questions or needed to know. When I upgrade to the new iPhone 14 I’ll have to return my current phone that is part of the program to pay off the balance. With that said, visible is awesome! The new plus plan is everything I needed to confidently make the switch. It’s the same I had but I was paying more than double before. Hit me up with any questions regarding the upgrade program. 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

marciano
Intermediate

1. So you are saying the new Visible Plus plan has the same speed as Verizon?

2. What is your current iPhone?

3. Where are you at?  An metro area, or a rural one?  This will give people some idea of the coverage and signal strength.

Hello! Thanks for the questions. I am just outside of Los Angles so I guess you could saw it’s more rural. My service speed has not changed switching from Verizon to Visible. At least not that I have noticed and ironically I actually am getting better service where I live. I currently own the iPhone 13 Pro Max. 

Do you have a figure for download and upload speed?  I am in a northwest suburb of Los Angeles.  Glad to hear you have good coverage. I am currently on the legacy Unlimited plan with an iPhone 7 Plus.  I’m thinking of snagging the iPhone 14 Pro Max and changing over to the new plans.  However, I cannot decide which one to choose:  the basic $30/mo one or the $45/mo Plus one.  I do my browsing on my lappy, not on the phone, so a fast internet on the phone doesn’t really interest me that much.  I am more interested in a fast internet on my laptop.  Suppose I go with the $45 plan, the tethered laptop is still capped at 5 mbps.  At this point, I am thinking about trying the $30 plan first.  If not satisfied, I’ll then give the $45 plan a try.

Hello Marciano,

Where I love using the ultra wideband I am consistently getting over 200mps. With LTE it’s slower but on par with Verizon when I with with them. I agree, if your phone speed isn’t a priority you are probably better off on the 30 plan but remember you may be slowed down in times of congestion. With the 45 plan you have that 50gigs of premium data. I had to have that as I don’t like throttling. Even so though, it really depends on where you live. The 45 plan is super solid. I too am upgrading to the 14 pro max and the ultra watch, awesome that to add a wearable it’s 5 bucks! 

dlafflitto,

Thx for the info! 👍

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

Glad you are a happy Visible user.  These are the stories I love to see!!!    Rock on Visible!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no complaints! So far so GREAT! Happy I made the switch. It’s one of if not THE best option for single line users in my opinion. 

SEstes001
Novice

I have a question on this: so I currently have the iPhone 13, also through the iPhone Upgrade Program. My service provider is AT&T. I will be able to upgrade in one week to the 14. I want to switch to Visible as well from AT&T to save on the monthly payments, but am confused how this works with the upgrade program. Will I be able to stay on the upgrade program and use Visible? If not, do I just keep the 13 and keep making payments on it until I own it? Should I upgrade to the 14 first and then switch my service provider? I asked these questions to the chat agent here in Visible and he didn't seem to know how to answer my question. 

SEstes001
Novice

I have a question on this: so I currently have the iPhone 13, also through the iPhone Upgrade Program. My service provider is AT&T. I will be able to upgrade in one week to the 14. I want to switch to Visible as well from AT&T to save on the monthly payments, but am confused how this works with the upgrade program. Will I be able to stay on the upgrade program and use Visible? If not, do I just keep the 13 and keep making payments on it until I own it? Should I upgrade to the 14 first and then switch my service provider? I asked these questions to the chat agent here in Visible and he didn't seem to know how to answer my question. 

Hi!

When you switch to Visible you will not be able to stay on the iPhone upgrade program as that program requires you to have one of the main cell providers. You have the option to keep the iPhone 13 and continue to make payments until it is paid off or you could see if a service like Gazelle that would buy the phone from you. I took that route and Gazelle offered me more than enough to pay off the citizens loan. You could absolutely stay with AT&T  and upgrade to the iPhone 14 and then send the 13 back and Apple will pay off the loan. Just know that the following year you won’t have that option with visible and the loan with citizen through the iPhone upgrade program will need to be paid off. So if you stayed with AT&T to upgrade to the 14 you would just be delaying the inevitable for the next iPhone. What I did was buy the new iPhone with the apple credit card at 0% interest and I traded my phone for cash with Gazelle to pay off the citizens balance. That officially takes me out of the upgrade program. 

Hopefully that answers your questions! Visible has been great for me, the visible plus is definitely worth it for the premium data.