Caps or No Caps

chuckbear
Novice

So I understood when signing up for Visible that they had a 5MB cap and that's what I get here at home. But so many are saying they get 10 to 20MB and some a whole lot more. How is that happening if the service is capped at 5MB? Chuck

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MVNOResearch
Visible Employee

The only cap is on the mobile hotspot speed.  There is no speed cap on the phone speed, and no usage cap.

View solution in original post

devin37354
Intermediate III

Yup like others said they have lifted the cap. And at one point said folks who aren't capped would be grandfathered in if the caps come back! Who knows how true that will be but let's hope! 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Starfox
Novice III

It was originally capped but they lifted it except for hotspots. Contact chat and ask for a SIM reset.

— Starfox

MVNOResearch
Visible Employee

The only cap is on the mobile hotspot speed.  There is no speed cap on the phone speed, and no usage cap.

Very Strange, considering when I signed up it stated all mobile hotspot data cap was removed as long as I stayed a customer.  The old bait and switch.  Very scammy!

devin37354
Intermediate III

Yup like others said they have lifted the cap. And at one point said folks who aren't capped would be grandfathered in if the caps come back! Who knows how true that will be but let's hope! 

Very scammy company.  I'm looking at changing all our lines to US Mobile.  NO CAPS!

chuckbear
Novice

So if I understand right, tethering will no have the 5mbps speed cap. Correct? I haven't tried it yet. Chuck

Read MVNOResearch's reply:

"The only cap is on the mobile hotspot speed.  There is no speed cap on the phone speed, and no usage cap."

Mobile hotspot is limited to 5mbps.  Visible is meant for mobile service, not a replacement for home internet.

Doesn't matter what you "think" it was meant for.  You advertised all data restrictions were removed as long as we continue to be customers.  So you falsely advertise and then expect customers to be okay with that?  Very Scammy to me.  I wonder what an attorney would think of this?

If you actually see an advertisement that states unlimited MHS with no data restrictions, then please share it, but I don't think you will - our legal approves each ad.  You will be hard pressed finding another wireless service for $25 including taxes and fees with unlimited mobile hotspot data.  

Found it! US MOBILE! Plus many more perks.  Maybe you should look at them for yourself and think about switching

US Mobile: $25 (assuming you have 3 people on your account) + $10 for MHS, and MHS only has 20gb of data and video is limited to 480p which means that all video is throttled to 2mbps speed.  So $35 and a limit on MHS usage vs Visible at $25 and unlimited MHS usage.  Cool... I will admit though, out of everything in the market, US Mobile's value is at the top of the rankings along with Visible.

Visible: $25 a month (assuming you connect with 4 people) Also, you didn't look at their new unlimited plan.  Oh yeah, You can actually call and talk to someone instead of waiting on some slow chat that someone might get back to you and might not.  But honestly, I have ordered a sim from us mobile to do a speed and coverage comparison and see about switching if it is better.  But the way you talk I have high doubts you actually work for Visible. 

Lol, you don't get that designation unless the community manager gives it to you, which requires that I email her via the company email system.  You do need 4 people with Visible for $25/mo, but the difference is that each person pays their bill on their own so nobody is responsible for collecting $ if you don't know your fellow group members.  Here you just click to join a party and the bill becomes $25.  I'm looking at the US Mobile Unlimited plan right now and its says 1 line for $25, 2 lines for $30 and 3+ lines for $25.  Right below that it says "Add 20GB of speedy hotspot data for just $10."  You do have a point about Care - Visible will call you any time you ask a Care Rep to call you instead, but you can't initiate a call with them.  So if that's a big deal to you, then US Mobile may be a better choice.

Service update.  With Visible I am getting about 7Mbps with Us Mobile I am getting about 68Mbps. Big speed differences between the two services.  Visible is running on a Galaxy S21 and US Mobile is running on an old Pixel 3.  Both running on the Verizon tower near me. 

I would like to see some proof. Screenshots of your speed test. And then A screenshot of your entire Bill and contract. Feel free to redact all personal info. I'm a visible customer, not a spokesperson. I have nothing to gain by saying that you are full of $hit. There is no plan available, to anyone, anywhere, that is going to give you TRULY unlimited and uncapped speeds for both regular and hotspot data  for $25 bucks a month that also has a sound infrastructure and network. The closest thing you are going to find to  the aforementioned plan for $25 bucks is visible. Without question. Now, you may take a backseat to Verizon customers during peak usage, but that's the tradeoff you accept for a crazy low price. If you can't accept that, then join Verizon for triple the price or more. 

Be realistic with your expectations and take the time to read the terms and conditions of the agreement you signed with visible. 

Did you seriously think that you would get UNLIMITED, UNCAPPED, UN THROTTLED, UN-PRIORITIZED data for $24, or $40 bucks a month? You have got to be high!

If this was the case, who would need an actual ISP at home? Everyone, everywhere, that the Verizon network covers (which is basically everyone, everywhere) would quickly dispatch their ISP and current cell provider and switch to the "Pie in sky" plan offered by Visible wireless. 

How could any company, let alone one that pays for the use of verizons networks, turn a profit off of Unlimited EVERYTHING for $25,40,50, heck....even $75 bucks a month. 

Stop huffing paint, think rationally, and read your agreement. Don't argue with me unless you are willing to provide some type of proof I mentioned earlier Proof you won't provide, because it doesn't exist. Because it isn't real. Because of facts. 

Sincerely,
A happy, unentitled, visible customer

P.S. Stop Huffing gas too

visiblepanda
Novice III

let's not forget de-prioritization. 🙂 there seem to be no Data Caps, but when network is congested or if you are next to someone using a Verizon post paid account you will see your data go down to last.