Dear Visible, when are phones added to the compatibility list? Is it hard to do & just takes time?

Melissa
Novice II

Hi there,

I read that Visible is always working on adding more types of phones that are compatible with their service but I was wondering about one specific phone. Do you think the Moto 5g stylus will ever be listed as compatible? I was also curious about something else. Why are some phones compatible and some arenโ€™t? Iโ€™ve never run into this problem before. I have visible service and I love it but when I went to sign up my elderly aunt with visible I found out her phone didnโ€™t work with the service. 

Thanks for any input from anybody,

Missy

7 REPLIES 7

Melissa
Novice II

I should mention, the Moto 5g stylus is my elderly aunts phone. I just got it for her about a month ago. Itโ€™s her very first smart phone and this is the very first time she is using the internet so thatโ€™s extremely exciting. The problem is she just spent a whole month getting use to this phone and she still is. Plus one of the selling points for me was that it had a stylus. I was thinking a stylus would help her get use to a touch screen and it has. Has anybody dealt with someone thatโ€™s never used a touch screen before? That was pretty entertaining Lol. Anyway, my whole point about that is she doesnโ€™t want to change her phone now. One more thing about the situation is sheโ€™s on a fixed income and $25.00 is something she could afford. For the time being Iโ€™m waiting patiently for her phone to be added. 

Thanks 

Missy

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

Missy Moto 5g stylus  is a older phone I believe for 1.  Second isn't that a T-mobile or at&t phone?  if so it wouldn't be unlocked.  so there are two problems there.  It may be to old for the network and second it isn't unlocked.

Hi Phoneman

Itโ€™s the 2022 edition. It also is an unlocked phone.

Is there a certain department/email at visible where I could put in a request to add that phone? 

Even if it's unlocked, it has to be CDMA compatible. I buy phones that are globally unlocked or factory unlocked. They are compatible on CDMA and GSM networks. I never buy a phone that isn't compatible on both. Cell phone prices and deals change too often. I want a phone that can go both ways.

Melissa
Novice II

All I really wanted to know is if visible has plans on including this phone or not or if theres a certain number or email that I can contact to see if that is possible.

gp1200x
Novice II

I would like to know the answer to this also. Will they support the Moto G Stylus 5G 2022 version. It is compatible with Verizon networks. CDMA is on its way out and it will soon be dropped by most carriers..that is 2G and 3G....extremely slow speeds compared to 4G, 4G LTE and the various 5.  Verizon engineers stated that is being removed from many of the tower systems systematically based on income levels (which determines the majority of the existing phone types. They will slowly force people with really old phones, 2G and 3G, to move on to 4G and higher speeds. It is actually a hindrance to their systems running the older protocols at the same time. Many newer phones will be dropping that support too in the near future.   Which brings me to another question...why isn't my Moto G7 Power supported on Verizon Visible?   Puppy Wireless supports it. Is Verizon Visible being restricted by Verizon as to the bands and protocols they are allowed to use on the Verizon network?   I know this is true for Puppy Wireless.