False Phone Support Info Being Shared

Roundhouse
Novice III

"Visible lacks phone supportwith no clarifiers is incorrect

(This post is not intended to be negative; I'm writing it to be informative and productive for our community.)

I've spoken to a Visible support employee, and fyi (for those it matters to), the agent's dialect was a standard American English style. They were professional, courteous and prompt when getting info and giving answers. After our business was done,  I asked directly about Visible's position on phone support (since we all know it isn't advertised). The answer- when it comes to outages, chat support will give you an 800- number to call when necessary. 

So that's the post, and there's no hidden agenda- as of Sept 2024, Visible does offer support by phone (when they deem it necessary). I didn't ask for full list of such cases or how the decision matrix is structured,  and while I did save the number I was connected to,  I will never "cold call" it or share it with anyone.

Note: I've yet to read a company statement that phone support isn't offered, and no part of the interaction raised my suspicions. I look forward to reading comments and clarifying my post if needed.  Thanks for reading, and I hope you're enjoying the savings as much as I am!

3 REPLIES 3

DeanKevin64
Ace II

It may not be on the main page in big bold letters but most websites have a contact us page, you just have to look for it. Visible has a help tab and if you click the word help(not the drop down arrow) scroll down under tending is a how to contact Visible link or click about Visible and scroll down a little bit to where it says help and below that there is a link on how to contact Visible.

I have been with Visible since 2021 and knew about it when I signed up and has been that way since its inception in 2018. I don't care for chat and have used Facebook to contact them with responses and I don't have to sit and monitor the chat box or worry about getting booted out. I can respond at my convenience even hours later and still get responses to my issue. I have since moved to messaging them on the support page on Reddit, it may take 5 to 10 minutes for some responses but again I can respond at my leisure without worrying about getting disconnected. It can be a PIA at times because they are not just working on your issue when you chat with them and it isn't just one agent working with you and they are liking working with 6 other people/issues at one time. Last time I messaged them on Reddit I had at least e different agents and each time I got a new one I had to verify my account by email, that was frustrating. 

Besides not having a call center they also don't have brick and mortar stores. This keeps the overhead cost down which is why they can offer truly unlimited data plans with no caps or throttling at the price they do. Granted, other MVNO's offer similar price but you have data caps after a few GB's of data.

Here is a link that explains how to contact them. https://www.visible.com/help/contact-us 

I will end by saying that customer service may not be the greatest, I have dealt with worse. In the end I like Visible for what they offer and what I have been paying for the last 3+ years. I have been fortunate to accrue referral credits most of the 3 years I have been here. No other MVNO offers this kind of discount.

Good comprehensive info from you as usual =]

This response is only to reiterate the purpose of my post which is (my opinion) that we should stop telling members/potential customers Visible offers zero support by phone; it's simply not true.  I spoke voice to voice with a rep this month, and was quite satisfied.

Good on ya for saving big since 2021.  I watched and envied for awhile,  paused the envy after a couple of data breaches, and finally hopped aboard once it became obvious most every telecomms company is vulnerable to breaches. With Vis+, I spend elsewhere or save for later $35 once owed monthly for my previous unlimited plan. Knowing I could save even more (Vis plan change or Bring a Friend) while keeping solid coverage and unlimited data almost breaks my brain.

So yeah, as a non-poweruser, I love it and don't mind the "creature comfort" sacrifices (same as you), but it's only fair to properly inform people that choosing Visible doesn't necessarily mean giving up any option to contact an agent voice to voice. I hope my post made that part clear. 

Yes, I do understand in some cases where they will call you in order to talk person to person. However they do not have a number to call or will give you a number to call for issues relating to their service, I have never saw any posts where they have give anyone a number to call. I have read several people(Visible's Reddit page) have received calls from Visible customer service for follow up and other things. The 800 number they gave you is likely a Verizon number since they own Visible and run on their towers and has nothing to do or have contact with any agents from Visible. 

Visible calling you for follow up or to finish fixing an issue I don't consider that true phone support. I guess I should have added to my other reply that my definition of phone support is having a number to call that is listed on the website where you can contact them for service issues. Sure, they will call you in unusual cases that they are having problems solving through chat or messaging but that isn't true phone support. The only way to contact service is by chat or one of their social media platforms. So you really can't tell or reply to someone that they have phone support if you can't give them a number to call.