Finally joined Visible+

firefox
Novice II

I just activated my Visible+. But the issue remains the same: ONLY ONE DEVICE CAN CONNECT to HOTSpot! The visible agents kept saying that multiple devices are able to connect to hotspot once I join but NO!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

firefox
Novice II

Update on 17-Jun-2024 @ 9:45 AM Pacific Daylight Saving Time:

Support wanted me to reset my iPhone to factory default. I refused to do that because my device allows multiple device connections to the hotspot with the previous carrier. This is NOT a device issue, it is a provisioning issue. The last message, just now, is from agent "BT": "Our internal team did monitor this case. They haven't found out anything wrong on their. That's the reason why you have been advised to do a full reset to the device.".

So I guess I am going to drop this case and move on. I just ordered two pSIMS from CC on their AARP Unlimited promo of $55 for 2.

View solution in original post

firefox
Novice II

Update 19-Jun-2024 at 6:43 PM PDT

Good news! This afternoon I tried to connect two iPads and a laptop to my Visible+ iPhone and they all connected. So I chatted with VisibleCareSupport over on Reddit and yes, agent LD confirmed that Visible had to contact Apple of the issue and Apple made it possible for multiple hotspot connection! Although any Apple change would have to go through an IOS update and I did not have one. Iโ€™m sure Visible made a change in the provisioning software so that Apple iPhones will allow multi-devices connection to Visible hotspot. So I will cancel my cancellation request and stay with Visible for this iPhone although I will go down to the $25/monthly plan. Let everyone know that the iPhone hotspot is fixed. Thanks to my persistence on the issue and thanks to Visible for listening. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

I kind of figured you were getting the run around from the agent that told you the trial was limited to only one device on hotspot. You might want to visit Visible's Reddit page and see if there is a solution. I know some have gotten it fixed recently. It just seems odd it only affects some iPhones and not all of them. Do a search when there about this issue and see what solutions there are. here is a link to the site. https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/

I am on Reddit with Visible Care right now.  They asked me to reset my iphone's network settings which I did but no change! Then another shift came in who did not read the top of the thread asked me again to reset the network setting. I guess visible is not for me and my iPhone. I told the agent that with the previous carrier, my iPhone allowed multiple devices to connect to hotspot but with Visible+, it does not. So it must be the Visible system that is not allowing multiple connections.

Yeah, that's too bad. It doesn't seem to affect all iPhone's just some of them. I thought I read some have gotten it fixed by downloading a new eSIM I think. It's sad they seem to be be pro iPhone and can't get something that simple to work.

I saw your other reply about heading to  Consumer Cellular, from when I was looking for a carrier they have a cap on data so it isn't unlimited and a cap on how much can be used on hotspot. So be aware of those before you port to them on what those caps are. I thought when I looked at their plans the cap on hotspot was really low.

I turned off Auto-pay on my Visible account.

Yes, Consumer Cellular has a cap on data which is 50 Gig. Between my wife and I, we wonโ€™t reach that. Also I just learned that CC uses the AT&T cell network. Iโ€™m not familiar with AT&T because I have not ever had a mobile service with them.

50GB is a lot but you mentioned before about hotspot usage. Just want to point out that 50GB data limit is for the phone, some providers have a cap on how much of that can be used on hotspot. I have saw some as low as limiting it to 5GB. I tried to look at the Broadband Facts at Consumer Cellular but no mention of it so not sure if they allow all 50GB on hotspot. 

Instead of chatting with support try and do a search on the pages there and see if you can find a recent solution. At the top make sure and leave the Visible name on the search blank and type after it that was it will only search the Visible Reddit and not all of Reddit.

Too bad Visible didn't come through for you. You do have the rest of the month in hopes of getting it fixed. Good luck on what ever you do.

I searched for device limit on Visible+ hotspot over on Reddit. Thereโ€™s one guy who upgraded from legacy $40 to $45 Visible+ now he is able connect 3 devices at the same time. His phone is Google Pixel. Too bad I donโ€™t have an Android phone with me now. I gave my Moto G 5G to my brother who is now traveling abroad.

You would have to search for iPhones. Before this new plan upgrade in March Visible had a device limit but it only seemed to enforce iPhones, it didn't seemed to affect Android phones. I have been with Visible for close to 3 years on Android and all I had to do was go into hotspot settings and change the device limit to 10. 

Also, I think either plan no longer is supposed to have the limit but I may be wrong. I know the plus plan does offer 10Mbps speeds on hotspot while the base plan is only 5Mbps speeds.

Iโ€™ll search again filtering on iPhone.

well, my Visible+ only gets average hotspot speed of 5.7 down and 6.5 up. I have done this several times on my iPad and it never went up near 10 Mbps! Maybe this $45 Visible+ is really a re-priced legacy plan!

I just come back to post. I had thought I saw an update where someone fixed the issue with the device limit so I scrolled back 2 weeks but the post I was thinking about was actually to fix the hotspot speed on the plus plan. That person downloaded a new eSIM and apparently that fixed that issue but not the device limit. It is just apparent that the iPhone's are hit or miss. 

Actually I was on the old legacy plan is actually the current base plan. That plan was also priced $45 but one could get it down to $25 by joining a party and getting the party pay.

Too bad Visible can't get simple things like this working. Also, wish agents were better trained on how to fix issues.

Maybe by the time your month is up they will have found a solution.

Yes! I hope they are able to ix my issue because I like the Verizon network because the Interstate highways I drove last week had  Verizon signal all the way except for one short distance where there was no signal on the Visible eSIM but there was LTE on my other carrier.

I wish they would get things like this working.  If you pay for the plan you should get all promised features.  If it wasn't ready to role out it shouldn't have been roled out.

firefox
Novice II

Update: 16-Jun-2024

It's been three days since I complained about my new $45/month Visible+ not able to allow multiple devices to connect to hotspot.  No resolution yet! Agent "GT" told me that the "backend team have already escalated this issue internally.". Maybe the backend team are off for the weekend.

@firefox please keep us posted.  Hoping they quickly fix this issue.  It needs resolved.  

firefox
Novice II

Update on 17-Jun-2024 @ 9:45 AM Pacific Daylight Saving Time:

Support wanted me to reset my iPhone to factory default. I refused to do that because my device allows multiple device connections to the hotspot with the previous carrier. This is NOT a device issue, it is a provisioning issue. The last message, just now, is from agent "BT": "Our internal team did monitor this case. They haven't found out anything wrong on their. That's the reason why you have been advised to do a full reset to the device.".

So I guess I am going to drop this case and move on. I just ordered two pSIMS from CC on their AARP Unlimited promo of $55 for 2.

If you bought the phone from another carrier a factory reset could possibly clear any previous carriers settings. I know it is a big pain in the backside to do a factory reset, I have done it, but it could possibly fix the issue, you won't know until you try it.

Reset of Network Setting on the iPhone should have reset anything from the previous network. It is a pain doing a network setting reset because it erased all my SSID's, the name of the iPhone, etc.

That just resets your network not the phone itself. It doesn't seem like this affect all iPhones so I can't see it being a SIM provision issue but more like an issue with the phone itself. Seems odd that if it was an issue with Visible than why have some have reported multiple devices and others haven't.

At least Android phones work on the network. I had thought about an iPhone for my next phone when I need one but I think I will stick with Android.

Good luck with CC.

I don't think that is necessary for my iPhone.  I bought this iPhone directly from Apple and it is "Unlocked". Not tied to a specific carrier's programming.

considering Visible states it will work and makes no disclaimer on their website that this doesn't work with iPhones they need to fix it.  This is a visible issue.  I have other phones in my family that are on visible.  It doesn't work.  My line that is on cricket can connect to more then one device just fine.  So this is a visible issue.

I agree! This is a Visible issue.  Considering that my iPhone is unlocked originally from Apple.  It should not have any proprietary programming for a specific carrier.  Another carrier's SIM should work with what capable features the device has, i.e., multiple hotspot connections. Visible's SIM programming is absent on iPhones for multi device hotspot connections.

Good reason to stick with or buy an Android phone. 

You shouldn't have to "stick with or buy an Android phone"  If other companies can make  it work with iPhones  then there is no reason  Visible can't make it work with iPhones!!!!!!!!!  They need to give customers what they promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefox
Novice II

Update 18-Jun-2024:

Still no resolution! Now, they want all the information from my phone like IMEI, MEID, EID, model number, serial number, etc. that they could clone my phone! They want to forward the information, now, to the โ€œtriageโ€ team. Fancy name! I didnโ€™t give them some of the information to avoid having my phone cloned. One of the agents asked if in my Hotspot settings if there is a place to set the number oh devices to connect! Well, in the iPhone there is none. Donโ€™t they have iPhones to research this on in a Lab/Test environment? Yes, instead of asking all the device information of my iPhone. Anyway, Iโ€™m just so frustrated with their support. I will request a cancellation of this account again.

I would look into filing a complaint with the FTC.  They can't promise features then not deliver them.  Itโ€™s illegal.  It needs to stop.

Link to FTC complaint form.  

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/  Link to BBB form

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

just wondering if you have any good news to report?

Nothing to report. When I stopped messaging them on Reddit, they stopped too. I wonder if they really escalated this to their "backend team" or their "triage team".  Weird support level names! I requested a cancellation. So, at the end of this month that's it for my Visible+.  I've been using it as my iPad's hotspot and racking up data.  You know, where I live, I get 2 bars 4G LTE (my iPhon is not 5G capable), my speed test gets 15/5 download/upload Mbps.

@firefox itโ€™s a shame!  Visible could be an awesome company if they gave people what they promised.  I would love nothing more than to have all my familiesโ€™ phones on Visible and rack up that huge savings every year!  I wish they would get their stuff together.

I will port this number back to previous prepaid provider which was able to provide multiple device connections to the iPhone's hotspot.

firefox
Novice II

Update 19-Jun-2024 at 6:43 PM PDT

Good news! This afternoon I tried to connect two iPads and a laptop to my Visible+ iPhone and they all connected. So I chatted with VisibleCareSupport over on Reddit and yes, agent LD confirmed that Visible had to contact Apple of the issue and Apple made it possible for multiple hotspot connection! Although any Apple change would have to go through an IOS update and I did not have one. Iโ€™m sure Visible made a change in the provisioning software so that Apple iPhones will allow multi-devices connection to Visible hotspot. So I will cancel my cancellation request and stay with Visible for this iPhone although I will go down to the $25/monthly plan. Let everyone know that the iPhone hotspot is fixed. Thanks to my persistence on the issue and thanks to Visible for listening. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hereโ€™s the exact response from agent โ€œLDโ€ to my chat announcing to them that my issue is fixed: โ€œWe recently escalated the case to Apple since apparently itโ€™s a breakdown on their end.โ€. Note that I did not update my iPhones IOS. So it is not the device - it is the provisioning for Apple devices that they changed to make Apple device(s) allow multi-devices connect to Visible hotspotโ€ฆ

@firefox what did you say to finally get it fixed?  Please help.  If you rather private message me that is fine as well.  I would truly appreciate your help.  Thanks.

Nothing really! The last I heard was that they escalated the issue to the "triage team". I did not give them more info about my device - serial number, IMEI, etc. then I told the that I will proceed and request a cancellation, which I did. Then this afternoon, I was able to connect multiple devices to the hotspot! I am going to cancel my cancellation request and before the end of my first month, I will downgrade to the $25/month plan.

Chances are your carrier settings were updated. Notifications of these updates  aren't consistent (it's fairly easy to dismiss the notification and unlike others isn't persistent).

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/109324 for how to check the version and see if there's an update.

Perhaps you and @phoneman2021 can compare carrier settings versions. In short carrier settings are what are used to determine the features and limitations of your carrier's plans (e.g. personal hotpot usage & limitations). Unlike other manufacturers, iPhone cooperates with carriers in enforcing limits - Android not so much and is why the hotspot device limit was never actually enforced on Android devices (although users have the ability to limit the number of devices on their own)

I'm banging on my computer keyboard again with the Visible Care Support.

keep us posted.  This makes me sad.  I love the Visible concept but this is what stops them from being the power house they could be.