Hotspot only got .7mbps

flarbort
Novice

I got visible to tether as a hotspot to other devices while RVing. I know you can only use one device at a time with the hotspot which I did. However, the fastest speed I ever got with it was .7 mbps. I could not stream netflix or anything else even at the lowest speeds. Have you guys also experienced this? Is it common? It happened at two different locations at two different times so I have little hope that it's just a fluke.

2 REPLIES 2

beav
Superuser
Superuser

That speed stinks, here are some things to consider:

-What were you using to test the speed? Tech support recommends this site: https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

-Some people get better speeds by toggling airplane mode on and off once.

-If that does not help, I would reach out to tech support on social media, and see if they can re-provision your phone. It will take a little bit of time once you connect with them 15 minutes up to about 60 minutes. I reached out to them, and my speeds doubled.

Good luck.

If my answeres helped, I would appreciate some kudos and approval of my suggested solution.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Goldenlab
Novice

I frequently use the hotspot and it is slow (<1 mbps) most of the time. To get it faster, there are really only 2 options. 1) Turn off hotspot and turn on airplane mode for 30 seconds, then turn off airplane mode and turn hotspot back on. This works about 30% of the time. 2) Go into your settings and reset network connection. I use this as a last resort when I really need a decent speed. This works about 50% of the time. I am usually about 2 - 3 mbps on hotspot, rarely in the 5 range as advertised. I do wish they would provide a faster connection, it would be worth the extra charge to me.