Incomplete Phone Compatibility - Samsung SM-G977U

tiredofname
Novice

Just moved to Visible today and brought along my Samsung SM-G977U.  Prior to moving from Google Fi, I confirmed phone was compatible and 5G was available in my area.

Sadly, now that I ported my number I no longer have 5G access. Visible support says this Samsung phone is not compatible with their 5G network.

Wishing that had been made clear when I checked compatibility.  Suggest that be added when people check.

PS: Had no idea the name of the phone (not model) was a "bad word" and I couldn't post it in the message

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! As more devices become compatible with our 5G network, you'll be able to find the updates by visiting this link https://www.visible.com/help/5G/.

Thanks but as I said, when I checked compatibility before switching services, it indicated my phone was compatible when in fact it was not full compatible.  So now I have wait and there is no guarantee 5G will ever be available for this phone.

If a phone isn't fully compatible, the compatibility check should highlight what will work and what wont so the consumer make an informed decision.