Is the Galaxy S9 SM-G960U (not U1) Supported?

n5en
Novice

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy SM-G960U on AT&T that is working well.  I would like to move to Visible with the wife and kids, however, it currently fails the IMEI test.  I have completed my contract with AT&T and they have sent me an unlock code.  If I lie to the Visible app and tell it I have, say an iPhone 11 - which the app requires no IMEI, get that sim card, install it in my Samsung, and enter the unlock code, will it work?

Neal N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

n5en
Novice

To answer my own question.  You can change you SM-G960U to a SM-G960UI by flashing your phone with Odin.  It's not for the faint-of-heart.  Google is your friend.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bpositive
Intermediate III

@n5en 

If it says your phone is not compatible, then that may be true. However, there are some tricks to use Visible even if it says not compatible. You can go to APN setting and type in the apn manually and most of the android users are using this trick. For more info, you can google about it.

Google APN for visible. You will find it and use that on your android device and it will work.

n5en
Novice

To answer my own question.  You can change you SM-G960U to a SM-G960UI by flashing your phone with Odin.  It's not for the faint-of-heart.  Google is your friend.