Last in part

bwilley77
Novice

I've been in a party for a while.  The others in the party took the $25 offer to switch to the new Visible plan this week.  I tried to switch, but apparently the Moto G7 Power is not compatible.  So... when everyone else leaves the party, is my bill going to be $40 per month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it show the number of people in the party changing? I ask because I never paid attention before I switched and it may be locked. I was in a big party of 18,000 give or take. I am guessing Visible at some point will seize running the old system. 

Your phone even though it shows not compatible will likely work without any problem. Read this thread I posted a couple weeks ago. https://community.visible.com/t5/Let-s-Chat/I-successfully-activate-a-new-SIM-in-a-noncompatible-pho...

I am not saying you will have success activating a new card in your phone but I had no problem activating it in a Motorola G Power(2021) that showed not compatible. Visible compatibility checker is flawed and Visible doesn't seem to be putting any effort into fixing it. It is easy to get around the checker to get a card by just selecting an iPhone SE(2022) model on the list and request a physical SIM.

I am going to point out another thing about Motorola phones including yours. First is that yours is a 2019 model which means you stopped getting security updates 2 years ago. Motorola phones only get one Android update and only 2 years of security updates from the time they hit the market. For that reason I will no longer buy a Motorola phone. I even sent a message to Motorola to ask why they offer such a limited amount of both updates. Their response word for word was "we can't update them forever". If you are thinking about a new phone I would suggest Samsung or Google, one of those two will be my next phone when I need one since they have 4 times the updates vs Motorola.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it show the number of people in the party changing? I ask because I never paid attention before I switched and it may be locked. I was in a big party of 18,000 give or take. I am guessing Visible at some point will seize running the old system. 

Your phone even though it shows not compatible will likely work without any problem. Read this thread I posted a couple weeks ago. https://community.visible.com/t5/Let-s-Chat/I-successfully-activate-a-new-SIM-in-a-noncompatible-pho...

I am not saying you will have success activating a new card in your phone but I had no problem activating it in a Motorola G Power(2021) that showed not compatible. Visible compatibility checker is flawed and Visible doesn't seem to be putting any effort into fixing it. It is easy to get around the checker to get a card by just selecting an iPhone SE(2022) model on the list and request a physical SIM.

I am going to point out another thing about Motorola phones including yours. First is that yours is a 2019 model which means you stopped getting security updates 2 years ago. Motorola phones only get one Android update and only 2 years of security updates from the time they hit the market. For that reason I will no longer buy a Motorola phone. I even sent a message to Motorola to ask why they offer such a limited amount of both updates. Their response word for word was "we can't update them forever". If you are thinking about a new phone I would suggest Samsung or Google, one of those two will be my next phone when I need one since they have 4 times the updates vs Motorola.