Motorola Moto G Play 2024

wdwest
Novice

I am a potential subscriber.  I have a Motorola G Play 2024 phone acquired via Consumer Cellular.  Visible says it is not compatible and I would have to purchase a new phone.  However, one of the phones they offer is a Motorola G Play 2024?  Is this just a way to force a purchase?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

It simply means your phones IMEI is not in Visible's outdated compatibility database yet. It may very well be compatible or not and Visible has yet to verify the IMEI; however, at last check you couldn't proceed with ordering without passing the compatibility checker.

To circumvent this, folks have been selecting iOS as their phone software, choose iPhone 11 as ther phone model and choosing Verizon as their current carrier. This then allows ordering a physical SIM which often will activate properly when received. This approach doesn't work with eSIMs which at last check required an IMEI. Finally ensure your phone is unlocked by Consumer Cellular before activation.

If you do this, I would recommned not porting your phone number until you verify it activates properly.

Also use a someone's referral code  to get the 1st month of base for just $5. You can find referral posts in user profiles under posting history or using a dart in the Savings Spot forum. $5 is a small price to pay without commiting and porting your number (porting can be problematic at times with Visible).

The one caveat is that you likely wouldn't get any support from the chat agents if the phone is incomptible - but one of the bigger complaints about Visible seems to be a lack of robust support anyway.

Once you verify the phone works on the base plan, you can then port your number and may also want to upgrade (switch plans) to Visible+ at that time with the current GETMORE promo available to existing customers - you'd then get $10 monthly off Visible+ for 5 years (i.e. $35 monthly total with no contract or annual commitment). That upgrade path to Visible+ has been anecdotally confirmed over at the Visible subreddit.

View solution in original post

Just to point out that if you are planning on bypassing the IMEI system to get a card and you have issues with service and need help from Visible customer service they can deny you help. I say this because I was told this by a customer service agent, they will at some point during chatting ask for the IMEI number of your phone, they have asked me for it on my last contact with them a couple weeks ago. A lot of people have done the bypass without issue but again I just wanted to point out what they told me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

It simply means your phones IMEI is not in Visible's outdated compatibility database yet. It may very well be compatible or not and Visible has yet to verify the IMEI; however, at last check you couldn't proceed with ordering without passing the compatibility checker.

To circumvent this, folks have been selecting iOS as their phone software, choose iPhone 11 as ther phone model and choosing Verizon as their current carrier. This then allows ordering a physical SIM which often will activate properly when received. This approach doesn't work with eSIMs which at last check required an IMEI. Finally ensure your phone is unlocked by Consumer Cellular before activation.

If you do this, I would recommned not porting your phone number until you verify it activates properly.

Also use a someone's referral code  to get the 1st month of base for just $5. You can find referral posts in user profiles under posting history or using a dart in the Savings Spot forum. $5 is a small price to pay without commiting and porting your number (porting can be problematic at times with Visible).

The one caveat is that you likely wouldn't get any support from the chat agents if the phone is incomptible - but one of the bigger complaints about Visible seems to be a lack of robust support anyway.

Once you verify the phone works on the base plan, you can then port your number and may also want to upgrade (switch plans) to Visible+ at that time with the current GETMORE promo available to existing customers - you'd then get $10 monthly off Visible+ for 5 years (i.e. $35 monthly total with no contract or annual commitment). That upgrade path to Visible+ has been anecdotally confirmed over at the Visible subreddit.

Just to point out that if you are planning on bypassing the IMEI system to get a card and you have issues with service and need help from Visible customer service they can deny you help. I say this because I was told this by a customer service agent, they will at some point during chatting ask for the IMEI number of your phone, they have asked me for it on my last contact with them a couple weeks ago. A lot of people have done the bypass without issue but again I just wanted to point out what they told me.