OnePlus Nord N10 Phone with 5G on Visible

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update #2:

I traveled through my first Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband area this morning since getting the phone. While traveling down I-26 through the Columbia SC area, the phone never switched to 5G service on Visible. However, with a LTE+ signal showing in the task bar, I was able to get a Speedtest download speed of 129 Mbps at around 7:00 am on a Saturday.

Update:

I recently found out that Verizon doesn't actually have 5G service in my area. Their coverage map shows "5G Nationwide" in my area, but it's not an actual 5G signal. It appears that they are trying to emulate 5G with 4G by using multiple bands. Verizon customers in the area say they can't really tell a difference in their speeds between now and in the past. I'll be traveling through a true Verizon "5G Ultra Wideband" area this weekend. I'll see how that works and give an update.

Original Post:

I just picked up a new, unlocked, OnePlus Nord N10 Phone with 5G. My Visible SIM seems to work well on 4G. Does anyone know what it will take to get 5G to work with Visible on this phone?

3 REPLIES 3

bpositive
Intermediate III

Please check if the device has the latest OS. If not try to update it. 

People using Oneplus has reported that they are not getting update. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I just activated it yesterday. OnePlus pushed an update to it overnight so I had to reboot it this morning to finish. It didn't help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to comments to trigger notifications:

Update:

I recently found out that Verizon doesn't actually have 5G service in my area. Their coverage map shows "5G Nationwide" in my area, but it's not an actual 5G signal. It appears that they are trying to emulate 5G with 4G by using multiple bands. Verizon customers in the area say that can't really tell a difference in their speeds between now and in the past. I'll be traveling through a true Verizon "5G Ultra Wideband" area this weekend. I'll see how that works and give an update.