Port in Straight Talk keeps saying wrong zip code

JFS
Novice

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? First they said there was an error with the account number, and got through that, then they said the PIN was wrong, got past that, now it’s zip code. I am not fat fingering. I don’t know what to do. 

4 REPLIES 4

JFS
Novice

It turns out that my IMEI was the account number. The PIN I had with Straight Talk had nothing to do with the port. The PIN was sent to me from Straight Talk AFTER Visible requested the port from them. Maybe there is a way to get a port out PIN from Straight Talk before porting in to Visible. I’m not sure. 

It also turns out my zip code error was SOMEHOW (wink wink) because they zip code in the system IS THE ZIP CODE OF THE WALMART STORE I BOUGHT THE iPhone from. NOT MY BILLING OR RESIDENTIAL ZIP CODE. So weird. That part seems intentional. Not sure. Hope that helps someone. 

heliotropic
Novice

So, I had the same issue, but with an additional problem: I bought my phone off of Amazon.

This stumped me for a moment. How could I figure out the ZIP Code if the origins of my phone were as good as unknown?

Well, how I resolved it was I used the ZIP Code that I originally used to activate my phone with my original provider, Straight Talk, for the first time, which was somewhere I moved away from a couple years back. I'm so glad that ended up being correct and saved me from more hours of frustration, so I'm leaving this reply to this thread for others who might have my specific issue.

donmason21
Novice

For anyone who might still be having this issue, I was able to resolve by using the zip code to straight talks Executive Resolution Department which ath the time of writing this is 33178

donmason21
Novice

for anyone who might still be having this issue, I was able to resolve this issue by using the Zip code to straight talks Executive Resolution Department. Which at the time of writing this is 33178. Of course the Visible support team was completely not helpful at all with this issue, and I had to sit here and guess until I was able to figure it out with only one last port attempt remaining before I was able to guess it right.