Refuse to Refund

PawsterNash

After paying for a year of Visible service, I needed to switch my Visible number with another provider by porting 1 number out and porting another number in. The Visible support chat gave me the instructions to port out my Visible number, but they did not inform me that this would automatically close my Visible account and that I would be unable to open a new one under the same email address. So I began the process of opening a new account so that I could port in the other number.

Since I had already paid for a year of service, I assumed they would either refund the other account or credit the new account. It's simply good business, and surely they would want to keep a customer long-term rather than steal a couple hundred bucks short-term.

I was wrong. After elevating it through all levels of support, they told me they were unable to refund my account, and the only thing I can do is file a dispute through my bank.

What a terrible way to do business!

1 REPLY 1

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

Unfortunately, porting out a number on just about any carrier results in the account being canceled. At the same time, one of the big drawbacks of paying yearly is no refunds are offered on prepaid accounts.