Tucson AZ data coverage experience

JustDoIt
Intermediate II

I had this odd speed test experience.  On my Visible Samsung phone I ran a speed test and got amazing speeds, like 30M download and 20M upload.   When I made the Samsung phone a hot spot and then did a speed test on my laptop using the hot spot I only got 4M download and 1M upload. I did the test several times and the results did not change much.

Anybody experienced this poor data speed or can explain why one would experience this type of behavior?

-JustDoIt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smgrinus
Intermediate

The unlimited hotspot is capped to 5Mbps download, 1Mbps upload unless that changed recently. At least you get close to the cap, I get sub DSL speeds throughout the majority of the day and only goes up to the capped speeds late at night. I watch videos at 360p max during the day, because it will buffer too much to make anything watchable. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

smgrinus
Intermediate

The unlimited hotspot is capped to 5Mbps download, 1Mbps upload unless that changed recently. At least you get close to the cap, I get sub DSL speeds throughout the majority of the day and only goes up to the capped speeds late at night. I watch videos at 360p max during the day, because it will buffer too much to make anything watchable. 

I'd be glad with that. Currently Pandora buffers every day at work for me.