Visible for Tablets Suggestion

My mom is 92 years old and has a standalone iPad data plan through a major carrier.  Because she is legally blind, Siri helps her do Skype and FaceTime chats with her children and grandchildren,  The problem is that plan is quite expensive.  I'd love to buy her a sim card and mobile plan through Visible to allow her a more affordable data plan but have been told those aren't available yet.  Since Visible mobile plans are available for iPhones, I'm wondering how to get plans for tablets authorized through Visible.  Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.  Stay safe and have a great day.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

LMT
Novice III

Iโ€™d say the only thing we can do is contact visible directly so they know we want a data plan for tablets. Iโ€™m surprised that doesnโ€™t exist. The esim wouldnโ€™t work on it? Youโ€™d think by this age and time theyโ€™d offer it. 

View solution in original post

These are very good points and Iโ€™d add a plan to my account for tablets if I could.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LMT
Novice III

Iโ€™d say the only thing we can do is contact visible directly so they know we want a data plan for tablets. Iโ€™m surprised that doesnโ€™t exist. The esim wouldnโ€™t work on it? Youโ€™d think by this age and time theyโ€™d offer it. 

I've contacted Visible and they tell me it's a good idea - but haven't moved on the suggestion months.  From a market share standpoint, it would certainly be a unique selling feature.

JustDoIt
Intermediate II

Not ideal but economical. Get a cheap new Visible phone/plan and make it the hotspot for the ipad.

Thanks.  That was the same suggestion the Visible CSR made, but I'm seeking the more direct solution of buying a mobile plan and a SIM card so she can take the iPad when she runs errands.  Due to her limited vision and age, Siri works for her to initiate calls and videochats, but more importantly, she hears the announcement from Siri when we call her.  I'm hoping that enough people comment about wanting that service that Visible moves forward to offer plans for tablets.  Visible accomodates IOS and Android technology already so I'm guessing the major tablet devices would be compatible as well.  Even at the same pricing for phone service, it would be a win-win since most of the time tablets would be used less than cell phones but would be more economical for consumers which is why we all love Visible Mobile.  Thank you to all for reading and commenting.  That's what makes this a real Community for everyone.

These are very good points and Iโ€™d add a plan to my account for tablets if I could.

VSBL-XP
Novice II

I agree that is a good suggestion; now that Visible is now offering an Apple Watch plan perhaps they could consider a tablet plan soon.

In the meantime, I don't know if this is against community rules but there is a "blue" carrier that has a $20/month unlimited iPad/tablet plan, assuming their coverage works for your mom.

It would be nice if Visible could match this "blue" carrier, and offer an unlimited data add-on for tablets at whatever monthly price point they can afford.