Wear OS watches support

VisibleUser007
Novice II

Its great that you support Apple watch but I don't see myself ever switching from Android. I am loving the service and rate I get with Visible but I am contemplating if I should switch to someone else so I can have support for a Wear OS watch with LTE and be able to leave the house without my phone.

Anyone else interested in Wear OS support like there is for Apple watch?

7 REPLIES 7

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.  I was once told by a senior manager that 'perception is reality' and what I see from Visible is that the Android community takes a back seat to Apple.  They were all about Apple from the beginning when Visible started and now the Apple Watches are the only ones supported (incentivized?).  However, they could easily correct this disparity by enabling the capability for WearOS watches (e.g. Galaxy Watch 4).  After all, their parent company, Verizon, supports Android so it's not a matter of being able to do it.  Yes, some can say that they have a separate dev team and all, but that separate dev team can just as easily enable interoperability.  It's an eSIM and they support eSIM now.

Makes me feel that, as an Android user, I'm a second class citizen in the Visible ecosystem.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

I'm with you. They don't start Android watches soon. I'm switching providers. I will not buy a new phone and watch or go to apple. My phone and watch are new and I love Samsung.

SJS0421
Novice II

@VisibleUser007 wrote:

Its great that you support Apple watch but I don't see myself ever switching from Android. I am loving the service and rate I get with Visible but I am contemplating if I should switch to someone else so I can have support for a Wear OS watch with LTE and be able to leave the house without my phone.

Anyone else interested in Wear OS support like there is for Apple watch?

They will lose us Android users probably before they allow our watches. Makes me mad because I will not buy new devices and switch to Apple when my cell and watch is new from 4/21 I will switch providers first 

staringbackatme
Novice II

While I agree if they support Apple they should support Android I don't think Everyone will leave because of lack of watch support. You may not believe this but many people do not have or want watches! I know. Hard for watch wearers to accept but true none the less.

I dought they will lose all but they will quiet a few possibly. I wasn't meaning the lose all Android users.

daedalus14
Novice

Are there any updates on visible adding wear OS support? I just purchased the LTE pixel watch and would like to use it on Visible. Otherwise I'm looking at Google Fi since I have a pixel 6 as well and they will support the pixel watch.

wryanprotel2
Novice

I am