What's everyone's experience with the OnePlus 8 series?

MoiraPrime
Novice III

So far I've been enjoying mine, but be aware if you don't have the visible version you won't get VoWiFI ๐Ÿ˜ž

On that note, do you think non-visible OnePlus 8s will ever get it?

9 REPLIES 9

snappyapple632
Novice III

7 Pro user here, I also don't have VoWiFi, but it's not really a dealbreaker for me since regular calls work just fine. I can also borrow a family member's S9 if it really came down to that. I've heard OnePlus is notorious for having issues getting VoWiFi to work in their Indian market, so it's not just Visible having this issue I suppose.

Otherwise, my experience with my 7 Pro has been with very few, minor hitches. It's the first phone I bought with my own money and I feel it's one of the best decisions I've made on a phone. Hoping it lasts for years to come!

I enjoy my phone... I just wish it was better at switching between LTE towers at times. Sometimes it will lose reception in an area with amazing reception and not reconnect until you toggle airplane mode... But OnePlus also has this issue with other Verizon based carriers.

https://www.visible.com/help/What-devices-can-use-WiFi-calling

The official list days the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro support WiFi calling, but my device has no options for it, and wifi calling provisioned isnt checked in the 4636 phone debugging menu.

Hey Snappy! Got a OnePlus 7 pro too, and phone call coverage is spotty, and tips, tricks or hints for me?

MVNOResearch
Visible Employee

I used the OnePlus 7 Pro for several months - that device was great.  Great quality camera and snappy processor for the price.  The OnePlus 8 is more expensive with less impressive camera and other specs.  OnePlus also has a much smaller choice of cases than others.  I specifically use a case that can hold my drivers license and a debit card, and there was no such case to be found on Amazon.  It's not in the class of a Samsung GS21 Pro that I use now (not even the Ultra, just the Pro).  And yes, no wifi calling. 

If no Wifi Calling, why are the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro listed as having Wifi Calling on the official support page. Visible doesn't even sell the 8 Pro.

devin37354
Intermediate III

I haven't had any issues with the 7 or 8 and have a very insider feeling the 9 is going to work great ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

All have worked very well on Visible! Snappy speeds, LTE works great. Sound quality is excellent

visiblepanda
Novice III

would be awesome to have 5G in my new latest Oneplus 8T being supported... I guess other than that visible service seems ok fornow with the oneplus 8t. Hopefully visible will oneplus 8t to the list of 5G suppoerted devices.

visiblepanda
Novice III

also adding to my previous post, there is no wifi working with the oneplus 8t.

dabig2549
Novice II

Been a fan of OnePlus phones for awhile. Had the 5, 6T and now looking to get the 8 anybody know which is the unlocked model that works with Visible service ? Is it the in2015 ?