Why is phone not compatible?

Wanderound
Novice II

I have an unlocked phone. The phone has never been locked. It has twice had pay as you go Verizon sims that worked fine most recently expired in April. It is both CDMA and GSM as it was on Google Fi. I am shocked it is not compatible. I have no desire to go through the hassle of setting up a new phone. What does a phone require to be compatible? How can it work on Verizon but not work on Visible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Perhaps try searching Reddit/Google for "Visible APN Settings." There are ways around getting an incompatible phone on their network but it likely wont be supported by Visible if you run into issues. I don't know. I'm just a guy using an unsupported phone with manually entered APN settings and it happened to work. Seems to have worked for MANY others as well. Might work for you. 

EDIT: 

I want to add; I understand the need for extra storage. That's why I chose my phone. Still has an SD slot which I can put up to a 1TB card in. I download offline maps for everywhere I go. The most frequently played songs off my plex server are cached/downloaded locally. 

Remember hotspot is limited to 5Mbps. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

faqall
Novice III

My unlocked Galaxy Note 10+  SM-975U1 is not supported by Visible but is supported by Verizon. I had to manually add the APN settings in my phone for it to work. What model phones do you have? 

I have a Samsung Note 10+ that shows NOT compatible in Visible IMEI checker.  Well, I ordered a Visible SIM for my wife's Iphone11 and activated her phone today.  To test, I took the SIM out and put it in my Samsung Note 10+ and IT WORKS for all (phone, text, data).  I have changed nothing in the APN settings and my current provider is MINT.  So, I say order a SIM and give it a shot.....or better yet, find someone on Visible and see if you can use their SIM to test.  Just insert and do a couple of restarts to your Note and try to call, text and check for data.

Wanderound
Novice II

It is a moto x4 so it is older but I have it set up to use as dash cam, GPS,  and podcast music player etc. I like it because it has a SD card so I can store 500GBs  of media, maps and video.   I like having data in this to also make it a hot spot and occasionally use Waze/Google Maps. 

I do have a compatible phone so I could use that to qualify and get the sim if I can make the sim work on the old phone once I have it. I was thinking they may just not want to claim to support too many phones and this one was too old. I like it though it has been a great phone for this purpose and I have everything set on it just how I want it. I travel overseas a lot (or did) and I have never had a problem just sticking other carrier's sims into any of my phones. It is usally straightforward. Once or twice I have had to configure settings, I am not against doing that if the required settings are known?

Perhaps try searching Reddit/Google for "Visible APN Settings." There are ways around getting an incompatible phone on their network but it likely wont be supported by Visible if you run into issues. I don't know. I'm just a guy using an unsupported phone with manually entered APN settings and it happened to work. Seems to have worked for MANY others as well. Might work for you. 

EDIT: 

I want to add; I understand the need for extra storage. That's why I chose my phone. Still has an SD slot which I can put up to a 1TB card in. I download offline maps for everywhere I go. The most frequently played songs off my plex server are cached/downloaded locally. 

Remember hotspot is limited to 5Mbps. 

Thanks! I can do that. It is worth a try. I am not worried about support. 

sms
Novice

Any progress on the X4?

csallas
Novice

Did you get your X4 to work?

horizonracer
Novice

The only solution to this i can give is: FIND SOME RANDOM IMEI number.

I tried 20 different phones. and all failed. I threw some apple imei at the IMEI checker and was able to bypass it. 

USE SOME RANDOM IMEI number for the imei checker. ONCE pass the imei checker, you are golden from here on out..

I THREW A APPLE IPHONE IMEI NUMBER AND WAS ABLE TO BYPASS THE IMEI CHECKER CRAP. and the sim works in Every device i have... Just have to bypass the imei checker on visible first with some imei number that knows that will work... 

THIS IS ALL THE INFO I CAN GIVE.. 

and CHANGING THE  APN SETTINGS WILL NOT HELP.. you have to bypass the imei checker on the website.. The way i ordered my visible simcard.. and no problems after that.

Just throw the sim in the fone, and it will work without touching the apn settings.

The sim has a preset APN & most of the phones will select it and use it....

PEOPLE WANTING TO CHANGE THE APNS THIS & THAT. been around fones for 20 years, and not had one issue PLACE THE SIM IN LET THE DEVICE TAKE CARE OF THE REST. LET THE DEVICE USE THE PRESET THAT IS ON THE SIM.... Havent touch the APN settings in none of the devices. may it be GSM OR CDMA.... JUST A BIG JOKE when changing the APN settings.

Unfortunately I did this and it will not connect to the phone network unless I'm on wifi first. It also will not connect for mobile data at all either. The phone is not registering any new APN from the new SIM.

I have a Galaxy S10+ I'm trying to use on the network.

This did not work for me. Samsung Galaxy S10+ used a random IMEI to skirt on signup. SIM came and popped it in and it won't connect to the network unless I'm on wifi. It doesn't connect mobile data at all.

Were you ever able to get the S10+ to work? I bought an unlocked S10e hoping to get it onto Visible but also has not worked with the sim they sent (I used an Iphone IMEI to bypass the checker as well). 

Really dislike all of the modern phones that are so massive, have no SD slot, and no 3.5mm jack.

Were you ever able to get the S10+ to work? 

I bought an unlocked s10e hoping to get it on Visible. Used an Iphone IMEI to bypass the checker but the phone has not worked with their sim at all. Same with my Galaxy A32 also (hate this brick of a phone), although this one displays 4G LTE when I try to text/call it says its not on a network so I dunno.

Just really dislike all of the modern phones that are so massive, have no SD slot, and no 3.5mm jack.