i gave it a good run

GWB
Novice III

Well i tried but just can't take the poor data speeds (.36Mbps DL) anymore and with the price increase its a good time to go back to AT&T prepaid for the 25$ a month deal. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We've heard that there is a difference since the new SIM allows access to the newer Verizon network features.  I'd suggest trying the new plan first to test it for yourself.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

We heard from people that had verizon postpaid that they got 2500 mbps but with visible 45 dollar plan it didn't go close to that 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

In fairness you didn't give the new plans a try. Try the new plans for a month and report your results. The community needs those results.

I don't think there would be a difference in the 25$ to 30$ plan. If I'm going to the 45$ plan I might as well go post paid and be at the top of the food chain. Did find one post talking about the difference. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/wr3acz/25_legacy_vs_30_visible_plan_so_for_the_only/

We've heard that there is a difference since the new SIM allows access to the newer Verizon network features.  I'd suggest trying the new plan first to test it for yourself.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

We heard from people that had verizon postpaid that they got 2500 mbps but with visible 45 dollar plan it didn't go close to that 

i just want it fast enough that spotify doesn't buffer. 

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I wouldn't expect 2500 mbps if you expect that for $45 a month your nuts ๐Ÿ™‚ What speeds are people getting on the $45 plan?

I remember that person writing the speed on this community but unfortunately I don't remember ๐Ÿ˜•

dsibinovic
Novice III

I have an iPhoneX on the $45 plan and I'm getting 44.8 mbps DL and 12mbps Up. Don't think that's bad for $45 a month. My only issue they cant figure out how fix my Apple Watch won't activate on cellular

Maybe I jumped the gun on that a little. Just tested the other phones here iPhone 8 on Consumer Cellular using ATT towers and a Motorola G Pure Obama free phone using Tracfone and Visible's $45 plan is at best half the speed of them, iPhone8 getting 77.1 DL and 6.7 up and the Moto G 83.5 DL and 14.4 Up. 

SO Ill retract that last statement about being not bad for $45 cause its more expensive than the other 2 combined

Maybe it's the time of day, but on the old Visible Unlimited plan I just tested at 57.2 down and 7.78 up without the benefit of using the new network.

Thank you. I am trialing, currently I have consumer cellular. Due to problems I have experienced with visible already, I think I will stick with consumer cellular. 

It's pretty good download speed but I wouldn't call it premium data I don't know why visible calls it premium data, Verizon could do much faster 

GWB
Novice III

Well made the switch Sunday to ATT and seeing 13dl during the 3:30 rush compared to the usual 0.4dl from visible. music hasn't buffered all day ๐Ÿ˜. Person in the office with post paid verizon getting 1.4dl so its just a bad place for verizon. 

I'm glad you found a plan in your area that works best for you.  Would you mind my asking the name of your new ATT plan and how much it costs per month?

Its the double data plan 16gig a month works out to $25 (27ish with tax) a month but you have to prepay for 12 months (326.25$) similar to how mint mobile does it.  

Got it.  Again, thank you for explaining everything.  Clearly Visible may not be best for everyone and I especially appreciate seeing the comparisons.

jdm
Novice III

I would gladly take 0.36 mbps DL.  That's good for me when I can get it.  Lately my average has been about 0.15.  All day today it has been unusable until 7PM, now 0.08 mbps Woo Hoo!  Unfortunately I've paid for a month with Visible that starts tomorrow.  Time to go.

Jadden
Novice II

Is it the region in which people live that affects the download speeds?  I just signed up, waiting for phone, and a little concerned about speeds.  I'm in NY Metro area.   Where do users with poor service live? 

Jadden
Novice II

I just signed up and awaiting phone in the mail. . . Now reading people have poor service.  Is this a regional issue?  Where are people with poor service located?  I'm in the NYC metro area.