iPhone 12 Max 5G and Visible

LMT
Novice III

I’m considering buying an iPhone 12 max and I can’t seem to decide… Does anyone have any feed back on the Visible 5G? 
(1) can you see a speed difference? 
(2) is it worth the monthly payments for the network update? 
Please let me know if there’s anything else I should consider! Thanks 🙂 

6 REPLIES 6

stang67671
Intermediate II

5G speed and availability depends on where you are.

I’m in southern California. I’m just curious to see if it’s worth it. I know not a lot of places have 5G reception. 

I’m in Southern Cali, too.  A northwest suburb of LA, to be specific.  I’m watching this thread with great interest.  Should I upgrade to iPhone 13 Pro Max for the possible 5 G speed gain?  Currently rocking an iPhone 7 Plus.

On a related note, I discovered in the past two days that the reception of Visible inside at lease one LA public library was very poor.  Need to check other locations.  The outdoor signal has been fantastic!  Good enough for my needs! 

I tried a different location of LA public library today.  No issue of reception indoors with Visible on my iPhone 7 Plus.  Looks like the other location is a dead spot for Verizon for whatever reason.  There is only one bar of signal strength.

tootlebug
Novice III

I actually have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and only see 5G in major cities, most of the time just LTE. Coverage can be high speed but at most times it’s not a game changer. 

Button
Novice III

LMT,

We have 5G in N GA but the speeds are unimpressive.  I have seen anything > 100 MBs yet.

~Button