wi-fi

rrlindaman
Novice

I'd like to confirm that Visible works over wi-fi.

I have an Iphone 6s that works well with verizon on wi-fi.

I don't have strong cell signals at home so it is important that all functions work over wi-fi with Visible

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not quite sure what you are asking. If you mean can Visible be used as a hotspot for Wi-Fi, yes as long as your phone is capable of being a hotspot for data. Hotspot data is limited to 5mbps and to one device on either of the 2 new plans. If you're using your homes Wi-Fi that would not change unless you cancel the carrier that is providing you Wi-Fi service.

rrlindaman
Novice

If cell service is not available. Will Data, text, Voice operate through WI-FI. Will WI-FI calling work with Visible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it should, provided you have a source for your Wi-Fi. I am not familiar with iPhones but my Motorola phone will switch to Wi-Fi calling if I turn on airplane mode. Mine would say emergency calls only. I also am not familiar with how Wi-Fi calling works as I have not used it, so I really can't say it actually works. But if you have Wi-Fi calling with Verizon you should have Wi-Fi calling with Visible. Do you at least have a cell signal when you are outside? If so I might suggest you get a cell phone signal booster. I have a weak signal inside, 1 bar out of 5, rarely 2. I decided to by an indoor booster from SureCall, the EZ 4G model(it will get 5G also) and I now get 5 bars next to the antenna, but signal is only boosted within a short distance of the antenna and limited to the living room where I have it placed. The receiver has to be placed in a window with about 30 feet of distance or some walls to separate it and the output antenna it there is no interference. This one is an indoor type but they do make outdoor type receivers that are supposed to be better for boosting signal. One thing to note is you have to have a signal in order for them to boost. Just a suggestion and I am not affiliated with SureCall and there are other brands out there.

Thank you for recommendations.