cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick solutions to common wireless service problems

MC-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you’re having any issues with calling, texting, or anything involved in using data, we’re going to provide you with some common network troubleshooting steps. So, if you’re having issues, try the steps below. If you’re still having issues after that, ask your community here or contact Care on chat or social for some support. 

• Make sure your SIM card is inserted correctly. 
    • Remove your SIM, turn your phone off and on, and then re-insert your SIM once it's back on. 
    • Verify this has worked by sending a text, making a call, and accessing the internet without WiFi.
  • Confirm you are using a compatible device.
  • Verify you are in the Visible coverage area. 
  • Confirm you are up-to-date on any payments.
  • Check if your phone has "Airplane Mode" enabled.
    • iPhone: Go to Settings > Airplane Mode. If the slider is turned on, turn it off. You will know it's off because it will be gray. 
    • Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Airplane Mode. If the slider is turned on, turn it off. You will know it's off because it will be gray.
  • Confirm LTE is enabled.
    • iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and confirm Enable LTE is checked.
    • Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and confirm the Mobile Data option is toggled on.
  • Confirm voice/data is enabled. 
    • iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE. Make sure that the option for "Voice & Data" is selected.
    • Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and confirm the Mobile Data option is toggled on.
  • Confirm the status of Roaming. If enabled, you should disable it.
    • iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming.
    • Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network. 
  • Reset network settings. 
    • iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 
    • Android: Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

Are you still having trouble?
Click here or chat into Care via our app or social.

7 REPLIES 7

InVisible
Novice II

These are very helpful ideas for troubleshooting! There is a part of town where my data drops and even though I have bars, the data won't work. As soon as I leave that area everything is back to normal. So there could be dead zones and any amount of phone adjustments won't help.

smgrinus
Novice III

I'm not sure which version of IOS you are referencing but on the latest version 14.4 - iPhone: Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and confirm Enable LTE is checked. <--- The Enable LTE check is not there. The only thing it shows is that Roaming is on/off. 

visiblepanda
Novice III

oneplus 8t, was working flawless when i activated it and for the next few days then tow night ago is throttled down to a steady 5Mbps down and up link. it used to be around 200Mbps down and 90Mbps up links all the time same exact location now data speeds shoot up to 40 or 50Mbps down and up link then very rapidly i can see it being throttled to 5Mbps every single time. i tried everything including factory reset. contacted support almost 48hrs ago, reference 01868665. chatted twitter multiple time and nobody can help yet engineers have also failed to get back to me on the reference case.

they all say there is a problem with the re-provisioning button for my line that is stuck or grayed out and they cannot re-provisioned my line, they also say sim card is probably badly configured as well.

I'm sitting here very upset and anxiously waiting for the reference case number resolution and to hear back.

my girlfriend has also visible she is in bed right next to me and she is getting constant and steady 170 or 210Mbps downlink and 70 or 90 uplink with no throttled of any kind. mine keeps being throttled to 5Mbps since two night ago when i used to get average 300Mbps downlink and 90Mbps uplink almost 99% of the time, the slowest I ever got was 90Mbps downlink since i got the service, but being throttled to a constant 5Mbps downlink and uplink never.

please help me! 

oneplus 8t, was working flawless when i activated it and for the next few days then tow night ago is throttled down to a steady 5Mbps down and up link. it used to be around 200Mbps down and 90Mbps up links all the time same exact location now data speeds shoot up to 40 or 50Mbps down and up link then very rapidly i can see it being throttled to 5Mbps every single time. i tried everything including factory reset. contacted support almost 48hrs ago, reference 01868665. chatted twitter multiple time and nobody can help yet engineers have also failed to get back to me on the reference case.

they all say there is a problem with the re-provisioning button for my line that is stuck or grayed out and they cannot re-provisioned my line, they also say sim card is probably badly configured as well.

I'm sitting here very upset and anxiously waiting for the reference case number resolution and to hear back.

my girlfriend has also visible she is in bed right next to me and she is getting constant and steady 170-210Mbps downlink and 70-90 uplink with no throttled of any kind. mine keeps being throttled to 5Mbps since two night ago when i used to get average 300Mbps downlink and 90Mbps uplink almost 99% of the time, the slowest I ever got was 90Mbps downlink since i got the service, but being throttled to a constant 5Mbps downlink and uplink never.

please help me! 😑

Maybe you should get another account. 

Did this get fixed? If so, what was the issue? Thanks

lacakid
Novice

SMS -> Email sending

I used to be able to send pictures and even text messages from SMS to my email for some reason over the past month I get the Red Circle with the Exclamation mark and then Not Delivered I can recieve Picture Mail though from my email to my cell just can't reply or send new ones???