Hello Visible Community:
I just switched to Visible from T-Mobile. Done with getting overcharged for mobile service!
One outstanding issue is dogging me. I'm getting garbled SMS messages from some automated systems. UPS is the main one. To be clear, I want to get these messages. They are delivery notifications or other reminders. This is a fragment of a message:
I have an iPhone 12 mini. Latest iOS 14.7.1. Anyone have any similar experiences or ideas on how to resolve this? I have restarted my phone several times. I have not reset all network settings yet. Really trying to avoid that. I have chatting with Visible support several times already.
I am also experiencing this. Just switched from Verizon yesterday.
Automated messages are garbled. Individual messages (not from an automated system) are fine.
FYI: "garbled" looks exactly like they are encoded wrong; is a string of unicode characters.
(I did not get any kind of 'incompatible network' message, BTW.)
Funny thing! I'm in the process of leaving too. Having other issues with SMS in addition to this one. Oh well! It was a nice try. Sad to lose Apple Watch support, but I don't have much of a choice when SMS is all screwed up. I'm trying US Mobile next. Really tired of paying for a bunch of services I never use:
Check out this guy's videos:
I was having the same issue and took these steps to fix it. This worked for me on iOS 14.7.1 on an iPhone 12 mini. Number was ported to Visible last week.
I tested this by unsubscribing and resubscribing to the SMS based service.
Update: The issue popped again yesterday. Tried my previous steps and it did not fix it this time.
I am also having this problem. I've contacted Visible support a handful of times, and they've tried a few generic troubleshooting steps that have not fixed the issue, like reprovisioning my eSIM, having me reboot my device, or disabling cellular roaming.
A couple of conversations have resulted in the representative filing a ticket, but in both cases I received an email in about a day saying something like "we've addressed the issue! now please reboot your phone," but the issue persists.
I eventually switched from an eSIM to a physical SIM, and so far the issue hasn't occurred again. I can't say for sure that it's fixed, since it was inconsistent, but I'm hoping so.
Yesterday I received a text from an SMS number that previously was scrambled, and it's readable again, so I think that seems to have done it.
Here is another link to a Reddit thread where a bunch of people are having this issue.
The visible support has been pretty awful on this issue.