Multiple lines on one account?

nickstanley
Novice

I just switched one line to Visible to try it out, but I manage all the lines for our family (4 lines total). How do I move multiple lines to visible under one account? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nickstanley
Novice

I had to chat with support for another issue, so I asked about this too. They say I have to have a separate account, and therefore a separate email address for each line. How annoying. Visible needs to fix this. Not a good first impression.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Digitze
Novice III

I am not the expert.  I think you need a separate account for each phone.

nickstanley
Novice

I had to chat with support for another issue, so I asked about this too. They say I have to have a separate account, and therefore a separate email address for each line. How annoying. Visible needs to fix this. Not a good first impression.

I completely agree this is moronic, these companies are missing out on the HUGE number of people such as married couples who only need two NOT FOUR, or in this instance only one line of service.  I thought Visible was going to be the answer and it still may be but having completely separate accounts for my wife and me is beyond RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Digitze
Novice III

I agree their model is not scalable.  By doing so they limit their growth.  I love Visible and wish they had forecasted all the possiblities of their potential customer base. 

jenna2004
Novice

I was looking at this for my kids because what Verizon quoted us was almost 300.00 a month with taxes for our family. We don't do autopay because we only get paid every 2 weeks so we lose the discount there. They basically force upgrades on you. Our lines went from 35.00 a month to 70.00 for both me and my husband with the lowest plan. 25.00 per line only counts if it's autopay. My teens aren't paying the bill and this would save us over 30.00 a month to do this. But, now I may be back to square one rather than switching to visible.

I am also looking to switch to Visible because of the high prices of the carriers, but I have 3 total phone lines and I am the account holder. I don't understand why would it be so hard to have 2 extra lines to my account. Visible still gets the money, don't they. 

Historically, Visible has always catered to the single line user demographic offering low cost for just a single line. Multi-line accounts by other carriers are used primarily to offer discounted rates. The old Visible Party Plan was it's way of achieving multi-line discounts without having a large family or need for multiple lines.  Over time, Visible may offer multi-line accounts for convenience but I wouldn't count on it being soon as they tend to keep their development costs low and Visible continues to evolve.

That being said, it's really not much of an inconvenience to establish other email addresses that can be used to create accounts and gain a new line of service. Those accounts can utilize the same payment method. In my case I simply established an Outlook email account and two Outlook aliases which are automatically forwarded to my primary email address to achieve 3 lines.

Yes, it's inconvenient to setup but beats overpaying other carriers if Visible meets your needs.  Once on autopay there's no real inconvenience other than 3 separate charges to the credit card.

With Visible you give up some convenience, particularly with regard to support, in exchange for one of the better deals around but it's not for everyone and may be a frustrating experience for those who might require some added support or unaware of its limitations. Choose wisely.