cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable port in time

speedingcheetah
Novice II

What a miserable experience trying to switch to Visible.

In my 25yrs or so of having a cell phone, and porting my number all over the place from carrier to carrier, NEVER, EVER, has it taken more than a few minutes for the port to happen.

Even from MVNO's (excluding VOIP based ones).

First i am told 4 to 24hrs...then when it did not happen, I am told, wait another 24 - 48hrs.

Couple hours after i started the port request via the chat, my ported number appeared in the my account profile and in the app, but the sim card sill worked on the old Visible assigned number.

I have literally had ports from VZW, to TM, Sprint, to TM , att, etc and back and forth over the years, by phone, in store, and most recent via app, and the port happens in minutes, if not immediately. Only time it took a few hours was when i mistyped the pin code and it was blocked, but took a 2 min call into support to fix that and it went.

I realize cell companies reps are trained to say ports take X to X time, as that has to be that way of a blanket statement to cover their liability and to give a buffer in case something goes wrong or customer error. But i know for a fact, having worked in the telecom industry, the port process is 99.9% automated thing now, only human interaction with it is the initial input request.   There is no valid reason to have it not trigger until 48hrs later.

Hopefully, Visible gets their digital cogs in check and my port happens sometime before I end up moving to Mars.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

speedingcheetah
Novice II

For those reading this later on.  There finally has been a solution, no thanks to the people here or Visible support. But thanks to a random person on Redit.

The failure and fault lies with BOTH companies, TM and Visible.

Given wrong info by both companies.

First,  Visible gave me number to call TM prepaid to get account info.

TM agent stated account number is 1+phone number(this matches up with the many recent articles i find via google and from other cell companies port in documentations) 

I gave the info to Visible agent via chat, told would take 4 hrs.

Multiple chat and agents stated days later, still in progress, no errors info correct, just wait 24 - 48hrs.

Per a Redit user, i went to vzw.com/port  and there one can check status of port in to VZW/Visible and it gave an message that said account number does not match carrier records. After a call to TM again, this time got post paid rep, they said go into the online account portal and a certain page is the pre paid account number, it is not the phone number, they changed that not to long ago. 

I inputted the account number into the VZW page and submitted it, and the port happened a few minutes later. (ha see i was right!) I got email from Visible saying port done and email from TM saying my account canceled.  

So, Visible failed to give me correct time frame info, failed to provide correct status of port, and failed to notify me of an issue with it. And TM gave me incorrect info for account number in the first place...so yea. 

Either way, my point stands. Ports do NOT take 48hrs....it sakes a few minutes...when u have the correct info.

All this for $25 a month service...hope its worth it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

finifidifici
Novice

You say you understand why the reps say what they say, because you've worked in the telecom industry...I'm assuming this is the reason you've had to port so many times in 25 years or so?  Anyway, that aside, I need to see some receipts I think.  You were told 4-24 hours initially?  I've signed up twice now and was advised 24 hours to 48 hours both times.  But that's neither here nor there, really, I guess.  What I'm baffled by is this 99.9% figure you listed there in regard to the port process automation.  Where, may I ask, did you get that percentage, exactly?  Did you find it on one of the telecom websites, Wikipedia,  Fox News, or was it a combination of figures that you found in various places and you did the math yourself?  Telecom websites skew data to meet their specific needs/desires, Wikipedia is a wealth of information...that may or may not have been fact checked by my unemployed, racist, miserable Great Uncle Winston in Georgia who literally has nothing better to do than make stuff up and "fact check" on Wikipedia (come to think of it....maybe you know him...or run inn the same circles...not because you're a racist individual, but because you know a lot about a lot and you [think you] are obviously as super important as he is. crazier things have happened.  it's a small world after all.) Anyway, Fox News is Fox News.  Totally balanced.  Totally reliable.  American AF.  If you got your numbers from them, there's no way in Helsinki that they're distorted or made up and I salute you.  I'm being sarcastic.  Fox News is terrible and, also, I don't have Great Uncle Winston (that I know about).

Do you still work in the telecom industry?  What if there IS a valid reason to not "have it trigger" until 48hrs later?  Communication technology changes so rapidly these days.  If you know of a way to "have it trigger" sooner, I'm sure the necessary people in the necessary positions would be grateful to hear exactly what solutions you or anyone else has in mind.  I personally don't like coming to the table with a complaint unless (one), I know what the I'm talking about in the first place and (two), I have a solution (or a suggestion at the very least) that would solve (or help solve) the problem that I'm presenting a complaint about. 

You aren't as important as you think you are.  Unless of course you are, in which case, please continue filling the world with made up facts and figures to get across your point which ultimately does nothing to advance the human race in a positive direction.  The only reason to make something up would be to impress the individuals who know even less than you do about the telecom industry (btw, that 4 days you worked at the "Wonder Wireless Kiosk" in one of the last standing Simon malls, hardly counts as "working in the industry", just saying.) And all of this to, what, stroke your weird, lying ego?  

There's enough of that going around these days, Mr. MAGAman, don't you think?  It's okay to be wrong and it's okay not to know a thing. 

Be a part of the solution. Be humble.  Sit down. 

u are NOT a Visible employee. no one made u the form or fact check police.

your experience is not mine fine. dont be such a rude person and try to say i'm wrong. maybe its fine for u to not have a working phone for multiple days, but not for most. i dont have to prove anything to u let alone show receipts (and there are not for ports). the fact is i have ported to and form companies in minutes NOT days. clearly you are not in the same experience level as I and your irrelevant  ramblings fall on death ears.

politics, and such ramblings have NOTHING to do with this. go troll somewhere else.

I don’t troll. I’m not just giving you a hard time for the sake of getting under your skin. I’m giving you a hard time because you’re a liar and you’re pretty close to everything that is wrong with the world today. 

I never claimed to have more experience than you [claim to] have. And you’re right, you don’t owe me or anyone else explanation, but you’re going to give one anyway. You can’t help it. You’re going to give one and it will be preemptive and full of exaggerations, lies, half-truths, and fake facts.  All I’m asking is that if you insist on preemptively giving the community here your “background”, to be honest about it. You don’t owe an explanation, you’re right again, but you sure didn’t refute much of what I had to point out. 

I’m not going to keep this going. I want you to have the last word. I’m just very frustrated and fed up with the lies that pour out of the mouths of the people, who give zero thought to the impact their actions and their half-meant words are having on the world around them. 

Be right. Have the last word, please. But also keep in mind that being right is rarely productive. Especially when what you say and do to be the winner stains and sullies your character, sometimes beyond repair, I’ve had the unfortunate luck to come to know this to be true. 

I’m 99.9% sure that I prefer to be wrong, educated, and humbled rather than the alternative.

I apologize for agitating your sensitive sensibilities. 

Good day, sir. May your “death ears” come back to life with the hastiest of hastes. 

speedingcheetah
Novice II

For those reading this later on.  There finally has been a solution, no thanks to the people here or Visible support. But thanks to a random person on Redit.

The failure and fault lies with BOTH companies, TM and Visible.

Given wrong info by both companies.

First,  Visible gave me number to call TM prepaid to get account info.

TM agent stated account number is 1+phone number(this matches up with the many recent articles i find via google and from other cell companies port in documentations) 

I gave the info to Visible agent via chat, told would take 4 hrs.

Multiple chat and agents stated days later, still in progress, no errors info correct, just wait 24 - 48hrs.

Per a Redit user, i went to vzw.com/port  and there one can check status of port in to VZW/Visible and it gave an message that said account number does not match carrier records. After a call to TM again, this time got post paid rep, they said go into the online account portal and a certain page is the pre paid account number, it is not the phone number, they changed that not to long ago. 

I inputted the account number into the VZW page and submitted it, and the port happened a few minutes later. (ha see i was right!) I got email from Visible saying port done and email from TM saying my account canceled.  

So, Visible failed to give me correct time frame info, failed to provide correct status of port, and failed to notify me of an issue with it. And TM gave me incorrect info for account number in the first place...so yea. 

Either way, my point stands. Ports do NOT take 48hrs....it sakes a few minutes...when u have the correct info.

All this for $25 a month service...hope its worth it. 

View solution in original post