cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Wifi Calling

Frustrated
Novice

I can't turn on wifi calling for the Moto e I got through visible. I navigate to the wifi calling settings page, toggle the wifi calling setting, and get the message "this may take a few moments". This message went on for at least 5 hours. I'm connected to my wifi, but not to the cell network since I get no coverage at my house (which I why I desperately need wifi calling).

My SIM is fully activated according to the visible app (it gives no additional instructions at least). Oddly, my SIM status page in the settings app lists my network as unknown and the phone number on SIM as unknown, making me think there's an activation step I missed.

I've restarted, taken the SIM in and out, restarted again, reset my network and wifi settings, and tried entering everything again, nothing seems to work.

Some other discussions I've read indicate I need special wifi equipment to enable wifi calling, but information on this is extremely unclear. I have internet through Spectrum and a Netgear modem.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

JN-VisibleMod

Hey there! Here are a few steps we hope will assist you with enabling Wi-Fi calling:

• Make sure your phone has the latest software update
  • Tap Settings icon from home page
  • Tap Network and Internet 
  • Scroll to or locate Call Settings or Mobile Network 
  • From there, tap Advanced
  • Scroll to or locate Wi-Fi Calling 
  • Toggle or select Wi-Fi Calling On
  • Follow onscreen prompts to enter US Address for use in emergency (e-911 address)
  • Once the e-911 address has been saved, you're all set! 

Thank you for posting! Please let us know if this helped and reach out to us via website and/or social media on Facebook and Twitter if you need further assistance. πŸ™‚

JN

Frustrated
Novice

Yes, that is exactly what I have done- except it gets stuck on turning wifi calling on. As 

I said in my post. Which would have known if you read it.