502 Server Error, Et Al

VisiblePerson
Novice II

Signed up for Visible yesterday, and my experience has been disappointing. First, there is the apparent inability of the system to accommodate multiple lines on a single account, which is just silly. So, I went through the hassle of setting up two accounts.

My first line works after a phone number transfer, but my second line is consistently failing to activate its service plan. As of yesterday night (12/26 PST), Visible's website does not come up on my home computer, stating '502 Server Error.' I saw from two other sources that Visible has had problems with Wi-Fi webpage access. Sure enough, if I access visible.com from LTE and not Wi-Fi, it works. This situation is, again, simply silly from a company of this size.

My second line is probably failing to activate because it depends on Wi-Fi for its connection and does not have LTE yet, obviously. So that's where I'm stuck. The whole "powered by Verizon's network" thing was the draw that pulled me in, but so far I am considering jumping ship for a company with a website that, y'know, works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your first phone works use it for hotspot and Wi-Fi for your second phone. If you are having issues transferring your second line you need to contact customer service via chat, Facebook messenger or Twitter.

This line carrier so yes you need a separate email account for each number you want to transfer. 

An FYI, besides being powered by Verizon they also own Visible. The reason the plans are so cheap is because there are no brick and mortar stores and barely no customer service to speak of.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Unknown_Finding
Novice III

Hello,

I donโ€™t know of any prepaid carriers to date that allow you to have multiple lines on a single account. 

The second part about the Wi-Fi is just silly. From a technical standpoint it holds no weight. Your Wi-Fi and Cellular data should have no issues accessing Visible. Chances are you have something on your โ€œhome computerโ€ that is blocking access is the more logical answer.

This sounds more like an issue specifically with your Wi-Fi. 

Visible is back on my "home computer" after a few days and no changes on my part. I wonder if it could have been something on their end.

I switched to Spectrum Mobile, which also uses the Verizon network.

Also, the notion that no prepaid carrier allows multiple lines is dead wrong. Mint Mobile asks you how many lines you need on their home page. Same for Google Fi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your first phone works use it for hotspot and Wi-Fi for your second phone. If you are having issues transferring your second line you need to contact customer service via chat, Facebook messenger or Twitter.

This line carrier so yes you need a separate email account for each number you want to transfer. 

An FYI, besides being powered by Verizon they also own Visible. The reason the plans are so cheap is because there are no brick and mortar stores and barely no customer service to speak of.

I'm getting a 502 server error, using any browser on Windows 11.

"Error: Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds."

The way I circumvented this was by using a vpn and connect to another state. It looks like the server is having problems with DNS resolving or just banning my current IP (maybe). I don't know.

There's no problem using the browser or App on my phone using LTE.

livethakly
Novice

This 502 error is happening to me as well. Every single device on my home ISP is blowing this error. I am blocked from anything on my home wifi. I had a friend in another location view the site and no problem whatsoever. Saw this is not an isolated incident. This happens to people all the time with them. Ive never seen this from any other website ever.... Nope.. not me. Visible. 

Unclip0293
Novice II

It looks like the HTTP Gateway error 502 is a common theme here.

Not only is not resolved yet, it's also not being addressed or acknowledged by the moderators as far as I can see.

I'm in the process of porting my number to Visible, and now I can't it even login to check the status of my brand new account.

I just got disconnected while chatting with Visible, they stopped responding.  When I opened up another tab got this same error message.  If I turn my Visible phone in to a hotspot and connect my computer to it I can access the website.  I have tried on all of my computer and even have the same problem with my phone connected to my Xfinity wifi.  I've restarted the computers, restarted my Xfinity router and checked for any blocks in my router.  Somehow my IP address is being blocked from accessing their site.  Not sure what's going on but I hope they fix it soon.

I was just chatting with Visible and some how I got disconnected.  I opened a new tab and when accessing Visible's Site I'm getting the same error.  Happening on 3 different computers.  If I turn my phone in to a hotspot I have no issues accessing the website.  Somehow my IP address is being blocked from the site.  I've also restarted all my devices, restarted the Xfinity Wifi router and checked for any blocks in the router security or configuration.  Hope they fix it soon as I now can't access the website unless I use the Visible app or through Cellular.

I contact Visible by chat today and told them what was happening.  Tonight I received an email with a case number.  Within a minute after receiving the email I went to visible.com and now I can access visible.com from my home Wifi again.  They did something on the backend to fix the issue.  If you experience this issue be sure to reach out to them.  They fixed it!