A successful esim activation case on iPhone 14 Pro

AAADX
Novice

Guys I have been worrying about the esim transfer stuff for a few days until today I got my new iPhone 14 Pro and set up the network. I was using an iPhone 12 that comes with only psim and my service was working on that psim. If anyone is having similar case, which is having a psim and trying to transfer it to esim on a new phone, here is how I made it work.

First, get your new phone download the Visible app, log in, and in the app, it would show an option that calls transfer your sim to esim. Now follow the instructions on the app on your new phone and it will text you for the one-time validation code. (To your email address and your psim installed phone). And simply just follow all the other steps, wait for a while (it could be long or short), and the setup page of the esim on the iPhone will automatically pop up. 

I actually quit the Visible app while it says stay on this page and wait for some time, and I restarted the app for the esim process, it says you have already started the transfer section. I quit again and wait for a  few more minutes and restarted. This time it pops up with "keep going from where you left" and I easily setup the esim service after this showed up. Everything after that was simple and quick. esim setup succeeded and texts and phones works well.

I hope this could help anyone who is transfering their psim to esim.

6 REPLIES 6

abmathieu54
Novice II

That sounds great, but, for some reason, I cannot locate where it gives me the option to  "transfer your sim to esim". The visible website states that I should be able to open the app on my 14, scroll down on their home page and see a link. It doesn't seem to be there...

That’s odd!  It should be there—transfer SIM to eSIM.  It should be at the home page of the Visible app on your new phone.  

I successfully upgraded from an iPhone 7 Plus to a 14 Pro Max last night.  Did exactly what the OP has described—minus the quitting app part.  I let the app do its thing, never quit it.  That would be asking for trouble.

Also updated the OS to 16.01 before the activation.  And read a lot of threads here and other Apple-centric boards.

It was surprisingly a super smooth experience!

Now I’m on the new Plus plan.  DL speed ranges from 340 to 800 mbps, depending on location and time of the day.  The speed on the tethered lappy is about 10.  It’s double the supposedly capped 5 mbps.  Very happy camper here!

I don't get the option to transfer sim in app. I've been waiting for hours for someone to come on chat and they are totally unresponsive on chat, twitter, messenger. On chat I got to next in line then the chat suddenly ended and I had to start over. I am so frustrated with the poor customer service that I'm about to just go back to ATT. You get what you pay for. This poor level of customer service is totally unacceptable. 

Mine is not there either.

I don't get the option to transfer sim in app. I've been waiting for hours for someone to come on chat and they are totally unresponsive on chat, twitter, messenger. On chat I got to next in line then the chat suddenly ended and I had to start over. I am so frustrated with the poor customer service that I'm about to just go back to ATT. You get what you pay for. This poor level of customer service is totally unacceptable. 

8FiddyMil
Novice III

scoffler
Novice II

This does sound almost too good to be true, I’ve been trying to “activate” my phone all day… I’ve turned the phone on and off, opened, closed the app, logged out, everything but I’m stuck on the “ we’re setting up your visible service plan” page. I’m going out of town and just hoping to jump on Wi-Fi whenever I can but this is annoying af…been on customer service all day also although I’ve been kicked off multiple times… thinking of just going back to Verizon