Apple Watch Ultra activation

dlafflitto
Novice III

Has anyone had issues activating a new watch on visible? I currently have an older series 6 Apple Watch cellular that’s on the account and I recently purchased the Apple Watch ultra but I am unable to activate cellular on it through Visible. I’ve tried everything and chat told me they currently do not have a way to swap from an old watch to a new one. You need remove the watch plan and then need to wait until the the plan lapses or ends and re-add the new watch to the account. Really frustrating that they have no way to just swap or remove the esim. Im

curious if anyone has had a similar experience. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dlafflitto
Novice III

Alright, it took almost the entire evening plus the last 3 weeks but finally FINALLY someone via Chat named Karen was able to help me out. She knew exactly what to do. Very helpful and I wish I could reach out and thank her. She redownloaded the esim which actually gave me a new esim. I reset network settings and deleted the visible app. When the phone restarted and the visible app redownloaded the phone was activated with a new esim and I was able to add the Apple Watch. What a pain but I’m so glad so have it all working. My SMS stopped working and no one can call me right now but this has happened before after getting the esim so I imagine it will be like before and I’ll get all my texts the next day. If you are in a similar predicament, see if the can assign you a new esim. I removed the old one as it stopped working. Hopefully once I get my SMS and calls to start it will be fixed for good. 

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

douger1la
Novice II

Yes, I've been having similar issues.  But I don't have any idea why, but you did give me some info.  Until my new contract/bill, i didn't even have any option to remove the Apple Watch (7).  I see that option now, but am still unable to swap the 7 for the Ultra.  That said, if it is the case that you need to remove the Apple Watch 7 from my plan and wait until it expires, then maybe add the new watch?  This is pretty bad. 

Visible customer service has been horrible.  I wait for an hour to chat with someone who doesn't know or give any good information, and just opens a ticket that goes no where.  I got an email from someone in their support to then send them some info via Twitter or Facebook??? 

I agree, the chat wait has been very frustrating but I understand that the monthly savings does come with a cost. I just wish the activation of esim and wearable would be smoother as it shouldn’t be a fairly easy process.  I’ll keep you updated as my plan payment is due on the 4th. Per Visible this is the only way to do it which I think is pretty absurd. They should absolutely have the option to switch out a wearable at any point. We’ll see how smoothly it goes come next week. Until then I have no cell service on my 800 dollar watch 😕

I’m having the exact same problem…

Visible support on this matter has been a complete failure.  They need a 2nd level support team that can talk over the phone and report problems to their Visible App developers. 

jjproducer
Novice II

I am having the exact same problem. No luck with chat so far. The last person told me to wait until October 1st when my new cycle started but it still fails. 

jjproducer
Novice II

Woohoo! This is finally resolved! I did another chat earlier, they got my phone number and both IMEIs from my phone and watch. They said they put in an escalated ticket. Couple hours later, it magically works!

I wish I could say the same. The agent told me they did t support Apple Watch Ultra. I about lost it. I had them escalate to a manager and lo and behold he admitted he was incorrect. Even so I’m still having issues and they are still not able to add the watch. This is beyond ridiculous. I’m not sure how a Verizon owned company can’t get it together. Visible service is great but customer service is not. I have waste countless hours with chat at this point and I’m losing my patience. I’ve tried twitter, I’ve tried chat and no one has been able to assist. This is after having to wait almost 3 weeks for my plan to lapse. Now I’m getting, 

“Something's not quite right

The phone number attached to this watch isn’t matching the account you logged in with. Please re-enter your info”. I really need my watch to work so I really hope they figure it out otherwise I may have to look elsewhere. 

I’m not sure if this was necessary or not, but I did also restore my watch from a backup while I was waiting for a ticket response. Good luck!!

Funny how one has to throw out “$800” watch (financed I’m sure) yet complains about poor service from the cheapest unlimited service one can possibly buy… maybe go with post paid plan big money!!

I have the exact issue , this after fighting for over 3 months to get it to work.

I have the Apple Watch Series 7 before I had the SE and it worked fine.

dlafflitto
Novice III

Alright, it took almost the entire evening plus the last 3 weeks but finally FINALLY someone via Chat named Karen was able to help me out. She knew exactly what to do. Very helpful and I wish I could reach out and thank her. She redownloaded the esim which actually gave me a new esim. I reset network settings and deleted the visible app. When the phone restarted and the visible app redownloaded the phone was activated with a new esim and I was able to add the Apple Watch. What a pain but I’m so glad so have it all working. My SMS stopped working and no one can call me right now but this has happened before after getting the esim so I imagine it will be like before and I’ll get all my texts the next day. If you are in a similar predicament, see if the can assign you a new esim. I removed the old one as it stopped working. Hopefully once I get my SMS and calls to start it will be fixed for good. 

Awesome!! Glad to hear that!!

I was in queue for 3+ hours to get chat assistance, and got someone who said my only option was to wait over 3 weeks till my plan renewed before I could activate my Ultra.  How do you actually connect to someone at Visible that knows what they are doing?  Roll the dice and get back into the 3 hour queue again?  I requested a manager, and was told I'd get a call back, and of course that hasn't happened.  If anyone has tips to get actual help through Visible support, please let me know.

Did this method work? I just got my Ultra, but I have to wait until the 30th of this month for my plan to renew. I already removed the Watch plan from the Visible webpage, and removed my old watch from the Visible service in the watch app. 

On a whim, I decided to try activated the Ultra anyway, it seems like the Visible website is set up for it, but after it was all done, I just got a message in the Watch app cellular settings “Not in Use.” 

Same issue. 6 weeks of frustration. Still no connection w my series 7 watch.  Aaaargh!

Does Visible Support have a real solution?  This seems way too painfull. 

Ernie
Novice

After resolution of problems  are the sims working to make calls with Apple Watch ultra’s.

not switching service from another watch, just trying cost effective add on plan.

Ernie
Novice

Will I have problems if adding Apple Watch Ultra as new Watch, not one on account yet?

iamsteven
Novice

It's great there is a resolution, but the person I got on chat, after waiting 3 hours in queue, said there were no other options other than waiting 3+ weeks for my plan to renew.  How do you get in contact with someone at Visible that can actually help?  Get back in queue for another 3 hours and roll the dice?  

TL:DR; if you can't activated your watch on visible, try :
- (Maybe cancel and wait for the plan to lapse?)
- Use your second IMEI to provision a new Esim with the Visible app.
- wait like 30 minutes.
- Use the app to add your watch again.

Longer version:
Getting service on my new Apple Watch after using it on my old one:

I used the watch app and it said it was switching it. It only made both of them stop working.

Talked to support. They all said I had to wait until my next billing cycle. I believe they are misinformed but don't have better info.

I did end up waiting until my canceled watch Olán lapsed. Then I got a new error:

"Something's not quite right
The phone number attached to this watch isn't matching the account you logged in with.
Please re-enter your info."

WHAT?!

Finally, I read that someone had success with a new Esim. I believe that the old Esim and the watch are linked somehow. It's why transferring my watch didn't work and why I was getting the strange error.

So, I used the Visible app to download my sim to my *other* Esim IMEI.

Then I waited 30 minutes. (I tried to add my watch right after and it didn't like it).

Then it worked normally.

This did not work for me.  They need option to havecustomer support team add the watch.  They are missing out on extra billing and frustrating customers with this issue

stpete
Novice III

I've been having this same problem for 6 weeks! Still can't connect my series 7 watch. 

You removed the watch from your plan, then let the cycle expire, right? As annoying as that is, it is necessary. Then, you need to do a chat with support and give them your IMEI from your phone AND watch. That's what I did to "fix" it. They told me they were making a ticket for escalation, then a few hours later, it worked somehow. I did do a restore on the watch while I was waiting, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. Good luck!!

starblade42
Novice II

TL:DR; if you can't activated your watch on visible, try :
- (Maybe cancel and wait for the plan to lapse?)
- Use your second IMEI to provision a new Esim with the Visible app.
- wait like 30 minutes.
- Use the app to add your watch again.

Longer version:
Getting service on my new Apple Watch after using it on my old one:

I used the watch app and it said it was switching it. It only made both of them stop working.

Talked to support. They all said I had to wait until my next billing cycle. I believe they are misinformed but don't have better info.

I did end up waiting until my canceled watch Olán lapsed. Then I got a new error:

"Something's not quite right
The phone number attached to this watch isn't matching the account you logged in with.
Please re-enter your info."

WHAT?!

Finally, I read that someone had success with a new Esim. I believe that the old Esim and the watch are linked somehow. It's why transferring my watch didn't work and why I was getting the strange error.

So, I used the Visible app to download my sim to my *other* Esim IMEI.

Then I waited 30 minutes. (I tried to add my watch right after and it didn't like it).

Then it worked normally.

gibby289
Novice

I am going through that same issue

Njossmer
Novice

I’m also having the same problem it’s frustrating I am considering leaving to another carrier if they don’t resolve my problem

I actually had to leave Visible. Couldn't find another service with a five dollar watch plan, but it was not worth staying as I was without cell phone service for over a week after they were unable to successfully transfer my eSIM to my new iPhone. Long story short, I found another carrier and have not looked back.

Wbertacchini
Novice

I'm having the same issue. Wish there was a way to have more than one watch on the plan. 

Yoni
Novice II

I canceled Apple Watch service for one month and then download a new eSIM.

Then I reset my Apple Watch and reset network settings then restored with backup and then followed the steps for cellular service on my Apple Watch via Visible and it worked! This is after approximately three months of useless, chat and callbacks with Visible “senior support staff”.

(I had an iPhone 13 Pro and an Apple Watch series 7 45mm unlocked/brand new from Apple).

Jesse
Novice

Your lucky they told me my Apple Watch SE cellular must be bad,  i had it on there service for more than a year, there was an issue with my phone service and the person that i chat with messed up everything now my watch wont work, and their telling me its my watch.  So i purchased a new Series 8 unlocked watch,  same thing, they can't get it to work either, brand new.  3 weeks now, nothing, they have no clue what there doing....