Attempting to up date to the new Visible

Novice II

I received a new generic SIM from Visible this week. I attempted to update but was unsuccessful as I need Wi-Fi. It is now Friday evening so I'll wait until next week to visit a library in hopes to update my Visible service. I'm concerned it may not update and I'll end up with no service. I'm already aware of Visible instructions.  Any successions?

5 REPLIES 5

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

You have to be on Wi-Fi in order to upgrade. The process goes smoothly as long as you follow the steps in the app. It can take up to 10 minutes for your signal to come back after activation of the new SIM. Just be patient, donโ€™t start restarting or resetting settings if it doesnโ€™t show a signal right away.

Yesterday I was at the library using their WiFi. For several hours I unsuccessfully attempted to log into the Visible app. I kept getting a popup stating โ€œOpps something went wrong weโ€™re working on itโ€. So I went home where there is no WiFi. I clicked the Visible app which immediately opened. So I went straight back to the library and connected to WiFi Again I could not log in to my Visible app. So how do I update?

jwhitaker80
Intermediate

They must have something on their network like security settings that are preventing you from connecting correctly. You can talk via chat and if pressed, they can activate the SIM that way. Otherwise, youโ€™ll need to find a different Wi-Fi connection.

Chat does not help! I used Facebook as it appears to be our only hope.

Novice II

Good Luck! Perhaps you saw the comment I made this morning. If not: yesterday I was at the library using their WiFi. For several hours I unsuccessfully attempted to log into the Visible app. I kept getting a popup stating โ€œOops something went wrong weโ€™re working on itโ€. So I went home where there is no WiFi. I clicked the Visible app which immediately opened. So I went straight back to the library and connected to WiFi Again I could not log in to my Visible app. So how do I update?